chapter 24

They walked over the hills in silence until Thomas decided to run just far enough in front so that he was out of ear shot.

"Why did you sign him up for school, he is force sensitive" he said to her as they climbed up the hill.

"because he doesn't need to become a Jedi, Ben. He is 6, he should be having a normal life, with friends and besides, we need a little break from him just as much as he needs a break from us" she said with a pleading voice.

"yeah but, something could go wrong at school" he said looking down at her.

"Ben, I know what it is like to have no one, no friends, no family and I don't want Thomas to face that, please trust me when I say that this is a good idea" she smiled up at him.

He looked at her. The force wasn't something that could be tamed without training but he trusted Rey. He grabbed her hand.

"ok, I trust you" he said as he smiled at her. She leaned against him as they walked over the last hill.

It was only around midday by the time they got back. Thomas was restless and bored so Rey took him for a walk. They went left this time, somewhere that she hadn't been before. They talked about school and how exciting it would be and what it would be like, All the while they held hands.

Rey stopped when she found a water source. It was a lake but at the southern end of the lake, a waterfall was flowing. She stared at the little boys face, his smile was humongous.

"do you know how to swim?" she asked him. He shook his head.

"would you like me to teach you?" she crouched down to his level and he nodded his head in agreement.

They both got into the water and Rey waded in until Thomas was waist height into the water. She showed him a couple of strokes and when it was his go she held him slightly up so he wouldn't drown. She showed him how to float on his back and stay afloat but every time Thomas would try, his stomach would sink under the water.

They both ended up just splashing around in the shallow because Thomas got sick of trying to swim. She watched the little boy splash around and she felt happy. Happy that she had found her place and her purpose in life. When it was time to head back to camp she was drying herself and Thomas off when she heard a voice in her head.

"Are you guys almost home?" Ben asked through the force.

She smiled to herself and talked back.

"we are drying ourselves off and heading back" she felt Ben's happiness at the idea of them coming home and she blushed.

It only took them 10 minutes to get back but at that stage it was getting quite late. Rey hadn't realised how long they were gone for.

After dinner Ben had to explain to Thomas about going to bed early because it was a school night and Thomas wasn't impressed, but he reluctantly went to bed. Rey walked him over to his Hut and tucked him in.

"Good night little one" she whispered to him.
"goodnight" he said closing his eyes. She kissed him on the forehead and stood at the door. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind and noticed that it was Ben. They stayed there like that for a while until Rey decided that they should go to bed.

Rey was hopping into bed when she noticed Ben staring at her.

"what?" she asked self consciously
"nothing" he said as she snuggled into his chest.

"I was just thinking about how gorgeous you looked" he said while he placed a kiss on her forehead. She blushed into his chest and she looked up at him.

"don't lie" she said back with a small smile. He looked offended.

"I'm not, Rey you are so beautiful" he pulled her up so her face was in line with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. He placed a kiss on the crook of her neck and her heart rate sped up. Softly tracing her neck and jawline with kisses he stopped just before he reached her lips. Not wanting it to end she kissed him on the lips, she wrapped her fingers in his soft hair and he passionately kissed her back. Their breaths became one and their mouths moved in unison as he tenderly pulled her closer to him. His arms snaked around her waist and he pulled her around so that she sat on top of him and they both sat up as Rey giggled into his chest. His hands sat at her waist while hers were placed against his chest.

He started to kiss her collar bone and her hands moved to his hair once more. His hands trailed up her back sending a shiver down her spine and he looked her in the eyes. He kissed her on the lips more urgently now and her heart was beating out of her chest. She didn't really know how it all worked but she got the general idea, she let her bodies desire do the work. He grabbed at his shirt that Rey was wearing and gently let his hand trail under it, letting his fingers touch the small of her lower back. She sighed in pleasure and went to kiss him more urgently until they heard a strangled scream.

They both stopped what they were doing and looked towards the door. Rey got off of Ben's lap and walked towards the door. She heard a cry coming from Thomas's Hut. Ben started to follow but she stopped him.

"let me go" she said as she opened the door. She walked over to Thomas's Hut and heard sniffles. She opened the door and saw him huddled on the bed, his big eyes trained on Rey.

"Mum" he kept on repeating.

"hey, it's ok I'm here" she said soothingly. She sat next to him on the bed and he curled up next to her. She shushed him and picked him up holding him close to her chest. She stroked his back and he started to calm down.

"it's okay, it's okay" she said while stroking his back.

"did you have a nightmare" she whispered to him. He nodded into her chest and she held him tighter.

"it's okay, I'm here now" she said and she lied back down with him still cuddled up to her.

"thank you mum" he said before drifting back off to sleep.

My heart oml + thank you for 1.4k reads it means so much to me!!