chapter 37

Each day was constant anxiety. Thomas had told Jake about them being Jedi's and both Ben and Rey where worried that the news would spread.

But it hadn't.

She wasn't quite sure how she had made it over the hills and in front of the huts in the little clearing, especially since she was now almost 9 months pregnant. She still couldn't hear them even though they were growing inside of her body.

No longer being able to train, she sits and watches her other half and "son" train to become a Jedi.

It was an early Sunday evening when Rey was watching Thomas fight off Ben. Thomas was using the force to jump to great heights and strike at Ben, and she knew that Ben was starting to get shocked at his fighting ability.

"Now do you see how I stand when I'm defending myself?, well now I want you to try it" Ben walked around Thomas's stance fixing it up when it needed to be, but Rey had lost focus on training.

A pain shot through her abdomen. She breathed out heavily and prayed that it would go away soon, but it didn't.

She couldn't stop the pain that was rolling through her stomach and her hands shook as she placed them atop of her balloon like belly.

"Ben..." she called out in a calm voice.

"Hang on, one second" he called back to her and he went back to fixing Thomas's technique. She looked up in panic when she felt another wave of pain.

"Ben!" she yelled a bit more urgently.

"yeah, just a second" he said without looking up.

"Ben I think my water just broke" she said with a panic stricken face. Ben's head snapped up to see Rey crouching over in pain and a puddle of clear liquid spilled out underneath her. Ben rushed to her side and gripped her elbow to help her stand.

"yeah, they are ready to come out, I can hear them" he said while slowly standing her up. She cried out in pain as the contractions became worse.

All 3 of them made their way down to the village hospital and Thomas ran home to grab a bag that they had prepared. As soon as they walked in Rey was rushed to a room and machines were attached to her body. Ben stayed at her side, wanting to comfort her as she delivered their children. He stroked her arm while she tried to control her breathing. She didn't want to tell him that it was annoying her but she was in too much pain to care at this point. Not too much longer after that, Thomas had arrived back to the hospital with an overnight stay bag.

He went to go and stand by Rey's side when a nurse had stopped him. He looked up at her confused and Ben walked over to see what was happening.

"I'm sorry but there are too many people in this room" she said to Ben as he grabbed Thomas's hand. Thomas looked up at him and knew that he would have to wait outside.

Ben walked Thomas outside and let him sit near the building.

"you will be safe out here, don't worry" said Ben soothingly to Thomas. Thomas gave him a small smile. Ben walked back inside and Thomas watched until he couldn't any longer. He sat there playing with the grass that was at his fingers.

He couldn't believe that he would soon have 2 new baby sisters in the world. He could still remember the first time he heard their voices. They were small and faint like- he almost thought he was hearing things, but then he found out where it was coming from and he got so excited and so did they.

He looked out to the busy street in front of him, families walked across the road together, Shops bellowed with customers and heaps of sounds echoed around the village square. It was funny how he always saw odd things when he was in the village square, for instance, he remembered the time he first learnt how to play soccer or how the doctor looked funny with his 3 eyes instead of two.

Today was different though. Today he saw a little ball like thing. It was too far away to see it at this point but it intrigued him. He strained his eyes at the odd sight. The ball was moving all by itself, no one had touched it. As the small ball grew bigger he started to make out more of it. He noticed the small orange and white details that flowed all around the sphere and how it had a funny looking hunk of metal on top of the ball that stayed in place as the thing rolled. Something about that thing looked familiar.

It was a droid.

He knew that droid, he remembered seeing it before, back when he was with the resistance. The name was on the tip of his tongue when it was just about 20 meters away from him. He stood up and took a step towards the droid.

"BB8?" he called out with a confused expression. The droid looked up at him and gave a small squeak. Something was odd about this all. Why was BB8 here on edroth? How did he get here?

Thomas could only give one explanation.

Poe

Thomas thought back to when Poe had been given the role of general and he remembered the party they held for him. That's not all Thomas remembered. He also remembered Rey getting taken away from him by Poe. Poe was a bad man.

It all clicked at once,
Poe was here on edroth and if he was a bad man, that means nothing good could be happening.

Sure enough, moments later, Thomas saw Poe's brown hair Bob in and out of the crowd. Poe followed BB8's gaze and stared straight at Thomas. Thomas got a chill down his spine.

Poe took off towards him with a start and all Thomas had time to do was reach for the lightsaber that hung at his small belt.

OMG guys I just realised that this story has hit 3.8k views. The next chapter is really action packed so I hope this chapter can set the scene up. I can't believe this story is coming to an end. Thank you so much if you have been with me since the start and or are new to this story. It means a lot when I have comments and votes. Thank you thank you thank you!