chapter 35

Rey tried not to let her emotions get the best of her on the way back home, Ben's hand held hers as he held Thomas close to his chest- it had been a long day.

Thomas was put straight to bed and Ben had only just climbed into bed when Rey's hands wrapped around his neck. He pulled her closer to her and pressed his lips up against the top of her head. Rey looked up into his eyes before lightly tracing the scar she had placed on his face. Her breathe mingled with his as she trailed her fingers down his cheek and across his lip, stopping to place her hand against his chest. She looked back down with a sad look in her face, his scar. She rolled over so her back was facing him. He sat up and placed a hand on her waist.

"What's wrong?" he said, lightly stroking her side. She shrugged into the mattress because to be fair she had no idea what was wrong. She felt weird like she needed to hear something- feel something even, but she wasn't sure what.

"I don't know... I just feel incomplete in some way" she sat up and hugged her knees to her chest. She rolled out of bed and grabbed her pillow.

"I think I might just go sleep out on the couch" she walked out of the room and didn't wait to hear his response. She didn't quite know why she was doing this but something was telling her that she had to be alone, even if it was just for a night. She settled down into the couch that lay just outside of their room and closed her eyes, waiting for the exhaustion to over come her body.
Only one thing came to her mind.

All she could see was the look on Han's face as the lightsaber pierced his body. All she could hear was her scream fill the air as his body fell away from the attacker, his own son. She still didn't fully know why he did it and she was scared of the person he use to be... What if her children flipped to the dark side?

Suddenly she wasn't remembering that night but she was watching it like it was on a screen.

"I know what I need to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it" Kylo softly pleaded. Han stepped forward eager to hear what his son had to say.

"....will you help me?" Kylo had barely finished his sentence before Han had reacted.

"Yes, anything" stepping closer towards his son. They stared into each others eyes until the clang of Kylo's helmet was heard on the ground. Kylo's eyes flickered towards the lightsaber at his belt before grabbing it in his hands. Han placed a hand on the lightsaber and an empty expression filled his eyes. Han new in that instant that Ben's journey to the dark side must be completed by the death of his father. He also knew that his son would be killed if this wasn't complete.

Han pressed the trigger of the lightsaber after a little pause, letting the light Pierce his chest. Kylo knew that he could now report back to Snoke that han was dead, whether it was by his hands or not made Han's promise to Leia come true. There was still light left in their son Ben, which meant he could still return home.

The saber was pulled back from his chest and Ben knew instantly of what his father had done.

"Thank you" he whispered in a gruff voice. Han couldn't reply with his words so instead he placed a hand on his sons cheek. A motion in which said everything from 'I'm sorry I failed you' and 'you belong to the light' was represented in that second of contact. And then he was falling.

Rey woke with a start. She looked around the room in panic, a wave of sadness washed over her. She wiped away the cold sweat that had built up on her forehead and she looked towards her bedroom door. She hadn't realised just how broken he was. She now understood that it wasn't Ben but Han who had activated the saber.

She suddenly felt guilty. He needed her just as much as she needed him and the fact that he hadn't told her about what had truly happened saddened her. It was early morning by the time she had composed herself enough to walk slowly into the room.

She slowly walked over to the bed and placed her pillow back down. Ben had awoken in this time and waited patiently for her to hop in. She pulled the covers back slowly and slipped under the doona. As soon as her head hit her pillow she reached for him. Yearned to be closer to him. Wrapping herself closer to him, a tear slipped down her face.

"Ben... I'm so sorry" she said into his neck. She didn't put her guard up and let him search her mind. He seemed to go still at the memory and his body started to shake. Even in the darkness she could tell that he had started to cry. She reached up and wiped his cheek before pulling his face down to kiss him.

"thankyou" he said as he pulled her closer. They didn't let each other go for the rest of the night, making sure that they fulfilled every ache in their hearts by holding each other closer. Just before she drifted off, she finally understood how they were a dyad in the force. She couldn't live without him, if he was sad or gone, it was like half of her was as well....

Guys I feel like crying because I just finished the last chapter of this story (there are 40 chapters) wow I can't believe it but I hope you enjoy this chapter 💕