chapter 8

She could sense Poe was nervous as soon as they entered the room yet, she didn't know why. They both took a seat on the couch and noticed how close she was to him, she glanced up at him.

"you should go first" he said looking down at her with hopeful eyes.

"ok" she took a deep breath and steadied herself.

"Look, I haven't told anyone this before. I guess I have been too scared to tell you.... I think I was just worried about how you would react" his eyes widened in anticipation.

"The force works in mysterious ways Poe and.... There is something called a force bond. It is where two individuals who can harness the force are connected through their minds", she looked up not seeing any reactions from him yet.

"the two individuals can sense each other's emotions, thoughts, feelings and when they are connected, we can see each other in our surroundings...like they are there, but they aren't" she looks down at her hands.

"Do you have a force bond with someone?" he asked looking away from her.

"Yes.... but you need to understand that having a force bond with someone is extremely rare and.... I'm sorry this is so hard to explain" she said while tears sprang to her eyes. He reached for her hand and she let him gently stroke the back of her hand feeling that it calmed her.

"who?" he asked forcing her to look into his eyes.

"please... you can't be mad at me. I have no control over this, you know that right?" she said with a pleading voice. He nodded and waited for her answer.

"I'm connected with.... Kylo Ren" she whispered it, so it was barely audible but, he heard her. He let go of her hand and jumped up to stand over her.

"your connected with him! For how long?" he said anger flowing out of every word.

"about 2 years, since I began training with Luke" she said standing up defending herself. His glare turned into realization.

"Rey, we just heard news that the first order has put out a search for him, apparently he ran away" he said pacing around the room.

"I already knew that" she said making him stop in his tracks. His face lit up.

"Rey, you can manipulate him into telling you where he is, we can use him against the first order" he said walking up to her with a grin on his face. She shook her head. How could he?

"Poe... you don't understand... this is his redemption" she said as tears stung at her eyes. She didn't know why she was defending him, but she couldn't betray him, not like this. Poe looks at Rey confused.

"His decision has nothing to do with us, he never pressured me about where our location was. Why should I do the same?" she jumped back from him and Poe went and sat back down at the couch.

"Rey I.... I don't understand why you are defending him?" he looks away from her not wanting to meet her eyes.

"you haven't heard his thoughts, his feelings, you don't even know him!" she spat out getting angrier by the second

"and you do?" he asks glancing up at her.

"I only know that I can't betray him, I trust him no matter who he is" she felt a tear run down her cheek and quickly wiped it. Feeling awkward as the silence stretched on, they both sat there.

"Fine Rey.... I believe you" she walked back over to the couch and pulled him into a hug. He hugged her back and his previous thoughts came back to him. They pulled apart and he began to speak in a rush.

"Rey, look I have wanted to tell you this for a while now and I guess there is no easy way to put this but... I like you, like more then a friend" he looks back at Rey with hopeful eyes.

Her heart drops. Poe likes me? She knew instantly that her previous thought on Ahch-To was wrong. They couldn't be like family to her. She inched herself away from him not wanting to give him the wrong impression.

"Poe I... don't get me wrong, you have done so much for me. You gave me a home, friends- a family. But that is precisely it. You are just family to me, and I do love you, truly I do, but not in the way you want me too...I'm sorry" she couldn't look at him but she didn't need to read his expression to feel that he was heartbroken.

"I'm sorry Rey, I shouldn't have bought it up" he said standing up to leave.

"no, thank you, I'm glad that you were...honest. We can still be friends" she said with a soft smile.

He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, "ok" she grabbed his hand and gave it a quick squeeze.

He left without saying anything else. Rey was not expecting that conversation AT ALL and when it was finally time to go to bed she was thankful that the day was ending

Authors notes:
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this one 💓
A

lso 250 reads- wow I was not expecting that many views, thank you!!