chapter 33

Ben made it his duty over the next month or so to protect Rey and Thomas at all costs. Thomas finally started to go back to school and he came back each day with an understanding of something new. Rey still didn't have a bump or anything but she still experienced morning sickness and with a better understanding of what was happening with her body, she mainly stayed inside for most of the day.

One day when Ben decided to go and pick Thomas up from school, Rey decided to walk to the lake she had admired some time ago. She hadn't been outside for a few weeks and she didn't know how long she would be, so she decided to bring a bag.

She picked up a bag that she had completely forgotten about and packed some snacks and a picnic blanket, she also put on some swimmers underneath her tunic. She decided to leave a note on the kitchen table that read:

I am at the lake, bring swimmers if you and Thomas would like to come

Love Rey

She set the note down and begun her journey. It took her a lot longer to get to the huts then she had imagined, her body was definitely slowing down due to exhaustion. She powered on and finally felt the familiar feeling of the sun leaching through the leaves. She looked out at the clearing and smiled to herself. So many memories.

She layed the blanket down and carefully sat down on it. She rummaged through the bag for some snacks when suddenly she felt something small and hard hit her fingers. She dug it out and noticed it was the walkie talkie. She looked down at it and she begun to feel sad. It had been so long since she had last spoken to Finn, she missed him. Without thinking, she pushed down on the button and spoke into the walkie talkie.

"Hello?" she said clearly but She heard nothing but static. Her fingers hovered over the button and she was about to talk into it again when a familiar voice filled the air.

"Rey?" Finns voice boomed out of the machine. She almost broke down then and there.

"Finn, are you alright?" she asked quickly. She heard a scoff come from the walkie talkie.

"of course I'm alright, what about you. Is Thomas alright?" he said just as urgently.

"we are all okay" she smiled to herself.

"last time you didn't get to elaborate on the extra person you were with" he said harshly back. She sighed to herself and knew that he had a right to know.

"please don't be mad at me but I'm with Ben Solo" she whispered the last part and it took Finn a moment to comprehend.

"wait... You are with Kylo ren!?" he practically screamed into the mic.

"Yeah, but please don't worry. It's not Kylo... It's Ben and I'm happy with him so please be happy for me" she said with a slight plea in her voice.

"Rey, if I'm going to support whatever you think it is then I need to know the details" he said impatiently.

She filled him in on how Ben and Rey had been a dyad in the force and how he had saved her and how she had saved him. She told him about how they understood each other and how Thomas had started to call them Mum and Dad. Finn was silent almost the whole time.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm still really confused. I know you say he has changed but I just can't see how that could have happened and how could you trust him so easily after what he had done?" he questioned her.

"as I said, I can sense his thoughts and feelings Finn, I could feel his pull to the light, I knew I could save him and that he was nothing more than a boy who was scared... Finn, I saved him" she let the silence fill the air.

"okay... Well do you love him?" he said after a while. She knew the answer before it left her lips.

"yeah, I do" she felt warm and fuzzy.

"well as long as you're safe and happy...im happy, Rey I miss you" he said quietly. Her heart shattered.

"Finn, I miss you as well but I have some more news" she felt nervous.

"okay then" he said suspiciously.

"well, Ben and I are kinda serious and well... " she could feel Finns anxiety fly through the roof at this point.

"Finn... I'm pregnant" she said into the mic. It was silent for a few seconds.

"OH MY GOD REY! are you serious?" he screamed into the mic.

She let him get his thoughts out which mainly consisted of shock and surprise that they had participated in those forbidden acts and that Rey let him. After a while of Finn being in disbelief his voice became somber.

"Rey, something serious is happening and I need to know a couple of things" he waited for her reply but she didn't say anything.

"I need to know what happened between you and Poe because he is becoming delusional" Rey took a deep breath.

"Well Finn, on the night of the new general party Poe asked me to come over to his room" she paused but kept on going. "he drugged me.... and raped me" she whispered.

"Rey... I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell me?" he said with a heart broken voice.

"because I felt weak, the strongest Jedi raped by someone who wasn't force sensitive. I felt terrible and thought that even if I did say something no one would believe me" she could feel tears welling up in her eyes.

"Rey, you can't tell anyone your location" he said urgently.

"why not?" she said suspiciously.

"because Poe wants to find you... And kill you and so do the rest of the resistance" her breath got caught in her chest and she immediately got shivers down her spine. She was about to respond when suddenly she got distracted by a few voices coming from behind her.

"Finn, I need to go, please keep safe" and with that she turned off the walkie talkie and shoved it into her bag. She turned to face Ben and Thomas, she smiled up at them but she knew instantly that Ben had realised that something was wrong.

I have started to write again!
I took a bit of a break and have only been releasing chapters that I have already written but I'm in a writing mood so...