From Dusk Till Dawn

If Angela Weber was asked when was the pivotal moment that started the events that would irrevocably change her life, she wouldn't think to answer the school parking lot on a Tuesday morning. The day started off as ordinary as can be. Lauren picked her up and drove them to school. Jessica was stressing about an upcoming Chemistry exam. And Angela quietly mused to herself how she could get Ben Chenney to go with her to Homecoming.

Lauren was looking for a parking space and silently cursed as the Cullens' shiny Volvo cut her off and slid into the last available spot. The blonde loudly cursed and even threw her middle finger up as Edward exited the car with his siblings and nonchalantly walked past them.

"God, he's such an asshole," Lauren declared. "No wonder he's single."

"Aside from the fact he thinks he's better than everyone," Jessica added. She still wasn't over being rejected by him in Freshman Year after Lauren dared her to ask him out as a joke. "Why doesn't he just move to L.A. where the stupidly beautiful people he could mate with are?"

"He'd probably burst into flames with how pale his ass," Lauren was now reversing the car so she could find another parking spot elsewhere. "His entire family look like a pack of albinos."

"Or maybe they're just vampires," Angela suggested, still remembering binge-watching From Dusk Till Dawn movies on Lauren's birthday last week. "It would explain why they don't eat that much."

They were driving past the school entrance where Edward was standing right outside the doors, still as a statue and glaring at them as they passed by. His eyes were dark and penetrating and Angela shivered. He reminded her of the predators she'd find on National Geographic when she was babysitting her brothers and wanted them to watch something more educational. Dark, beady eyes like a shark or a falcon, Edward Cullen could be truly unnerving. It made him appear inhuman.

Angela worked on shaking off any thoughts about Edward Cullen as Lauren finally found a parking spot and they left the car to make their way to their class. Edward was no longer at the doors and had probably already gone to his first class of the day. They had the dreaded Chemistry test and with Ben Chenney sitting a few seats away from her, she had other things to think about. It wasn't like Edward Cullen knew she existed anyway.

Lauren was on a new diet where she didn't eat anything with gluten or sugar which meant her unhappily and slowly eating a salad and pretending like she wasn't envious of their cheeseburgers. Jessica was polishing off her fruit cup as she discussed their answers to the Chem test. Angela dutifully listened until Eric and Tyler came over to join them. Eric was carrying a camcorder.

"No, Yorkie," Lauren glared at him. "I'm not gonna be in your nerdy videos."

"Someday, Lauren Mallory, FLOSH is going to make us internet millionaires and you'll be sorry you turned down being in our videos," Eric replied as he turned on the camera. "We're doing a new series. Some slice of life goodness about life at Forks High."

He turned the camera to Jessica who covered her face with her hand. "Meet Jessica Stanley. Running for class valedictorian and hoping to get into Stanford to study science stuff."

"Biomedical engineering," She corrected, still trying to get away from the camera. "Eric, quit it!"

He turned the camera to Angela. "And this is Angela Weber, the girl next door, the pastor's daughter, and everyone's friend, who plans on becoming a Nurse someday."

Angela smiled patiently and tried to force herself not to be self-conscious. She turned her head as Edward passed by and made his way to the Cullens' usual table in the middle of the cafeteria. None of them were eating anything that day or at least their food sat untouched on the table. Maybe they were on the same diet as Lauren.