Don't You Forget About Me

Angela yawned as she got into Lauren's car and greeted her friends with a sleepy good morning. It was getting even colder now and leaves were falling from trees all around them as Lauren drove them to school. Lauren's car had decent heating but it still wasn't enough to warm Angela who even with her thick coat was still cold. Poor circulation was her curse.

Jessica asked, unprompted, "Angie, did you know Katie and Ben were at Sully's yesterday?"

"No. I didn't."

She wasn't sure why her friend was asking her about Ben and Katie. She had moved on from her futile crush on Ben weeks ago and was genuinely happy for him and Katie. Though sometimes she wondered about the possible future she apparently would've had with Ben according to Alice but it was more out of curiosity than real desire. She hadn't given real thought to Ben Chenney for a while.

"Well, maybe you didn't see them since you were distracted with Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome," Jessica gave her a look. "You have some explaining to do."

She nearly groaned. She, Jacob, and Seth had been at Sully's a total of twenty minutes as they ordered their food to go then left. She hadn't looked around the diner for people she'd known because she was distracted by Seth who kept trying to get her to let him order everything on the menu. It had taken Jacob threatening to let him starve to make Seth finally pick something.

She knew she didn't have an excuse for not telling her friends about Jacob. Her friends had immediately called her the moment they had a date. It was a sacred rule among the three of them to dish on boys. A rule Angela had broken.

"He asked me on a date last minute," She tried to reason. "I barely had time to call you guys."

Lauren questioned, "And after?"

"I was tired," And being cuddled by Jacob. "I had to go to sleep for school the next day."

Jessica blew a raspberry at her. "Oh boo. You have so many excuses."

"I'm sorry," It actually felt nice to finally talk about teenage problems again. Nice and normal. "It skipped my mind."

"Because you were so distracted by his abs?" Jessica laughed. "What? We all saw him at La Push. He looks like he should be on the cover of a magazine."

"Maybe Angela just wants him to cover her, biblically," Lauren smirked at Angela's appalled and red face. "Lighten up, Weber. This is what you get for keeping secrets from us."

Angela sighed and didn't argue back. She would also be giving either Lauren or Jessica a tough time if they were in her situation. The thing with Jacob was still so new she was still trying to understand it. He was charming, funny, and honest. His body was one giant hot-water bottle. And he was drawn her to via werewolf voodoo magic. It was really hard to even begin explaining that to anyone.

"We gave you a pass for Edward," Jessica said. "But you have to dish on Mr. Six Pack or this friendship is over."

She hadn't told them about Edward because that barely lasted for it to be significant. Not that his abandonment still didn't sting. And there wasn't really much to tell, just the notes she still hadn't thrown away yet no matter how much she pushed herself to. On the other hand, Jacob...

She knew she was blushing as she remembered kissing Jacob in her bed, at La Push, and in her dreams. Imprinting was a two-way street. And she got the same gravity-pulling force from him too. Even if she wasn't quite comfortable with it.

Jessica smacked her on the arm. "You've done things with him, haven't you?"

"No," Not like how they thought. Angela would probably expire on the spot if Jacob tried to go any further. "We just kissed."