Why Did It Have To Be Me?

Just a reading suggestion for you, guys.

Try listening to Waterloo from the Mamma Mia! soundtrack during the kitchen chase scene.

It makes it even funnier.

Angela had always loved Sundays. It was a ritual in the Weber household to get up early and make their way to the church. Her father would be busy with preparing for the service. Her brothers would be left with their Sunday school teacher. Her mom who was the choir leader and Angela would be warming up with the choir.

However, on that Sunday after the events of Port Angeles, Angela just wanted to stay in bed all day and never leave the safety of her comforter. Her mother was surprised to see her still in bed as they were a family of early risers. Aside from the twins, they were usually up before eight. Her mom lightly knocked on the open door of her bedroom.

"Morning, love," Her mother greeted softly, albeit a bit worried. "Are you not getting up?"

"I'm not really feeling well, mom," Angela kept her head under the comfort, feeling the guilt gnaw her insides. She was a terrible liar and knew her face would give her away. "I'm sorry. I don't feel well enough for church."

She had never faked being sick to get out of anything. She always feared getting caught and reprimanded or worst of all, the disappointment on her parents' faces. Her good behavior had some use now as her mother didn't even question her fib. Anna Weber simply reminded her that there was still leftover soup in the fridge and to feel better.

Angela lied under her comforter in disbelief. She couldn't believe that worked. She stayed in bed and listened as her family left the house and drove away in her father's old Honda Civic. Finally crawling from her bed and still in her pajamas, she made her way to the kitchen for some soup.

Mr. Mozart had just finished his own breakfast and watched her as she worked on heating a bowl of Hot and Sour soup. Angela had never felt more drained in her life. The previous night felt like a fever dream that wouldn't leave her alone. After she ran away from Edward, she headed back into the cinema and hoped witnesses would deter him from doing anything to her.

He didn't follow her inside but Angela spent the rest of the film, watching the door of the cinema in fear that he would shuffle in and find her. Even after they left the cinema and got into Lauren's car, Angela kept checking out the window for any signs of him. Her friends asked her why she was shifty and she said she was merely excited to get home. Jessica had put on the Mamma Mia soundtrack and her friends sang along with it as she worriedly stared at the window for any signs of a Volvo in the darkness.

Lauren dropped her off at her house and she ran inside without looking back. Her family had gone to bed and she moved around the house locking every door and window she could find. She grabbed the small wooden cross in the living room and placed it on her desk, finding comfort in seeing it as she lied down in her bed. She didn't fall asleep for a long time, sitting up at every sound she heard outside. Mr. Mozart must've sensed her distress and lied down on the bed beside her, snuggling close and she stroked his soft fur gratefully.

The soup was warm enough and she transferred it to a bowl and found a spoon to start eating. The simple comfort of food was something she always appreciated. She focused on each spoonful and the flavor of the soup, letting it fill her with warmth. Contented, she finished her meal and washed up.

Mr. Mozart had jumped on top of the fridge again and she stared up at him, deciding whether to just let him come down when he wanted or try to bribe him.

"Moz, do you want some treats?" She cooed. "I still have those chicken ones you like..."

He hissed at something behind her. She froze and found herself paralyzed in awareness and fear. Slowly, she turned to find what she knew had to be there. Edward Cullen stood there in her kitchen, his expression bemused.