4 | Your Fave Gays Pulling Up in the New Whip

Olivia took a deep breath before opening the doors to East High School in Salt Lake City, Utah, taking in the scenery.

Her first thought was what Matt Cornett said when they first stood outside of the school, "I didn't think it was possible to be starstruck by a building, but I guess I can now cross that one off my bucket list."

She smiled back to the thought, even if it was just a few days ago, before heading down the steps of the cafeteria to join her fellow cast mates gathered at the tables laid out.

"Ah, there's our shining star!" Kate Reinders grinned once she spotted Olivia approach. "How are you feeling?"

"A little nervous since it's the first day of filming at the school, I guess," Olivia smiled. "But overall I'm filled with excitement! It's so cool to actually be inside of the school from the movies I grew up watching."

"So were you starstruck too?" Matt asked. Olivia nodded in reply, everyone laughing and agreeing.

Soon enough they were given a tour by one of the show runners, Tim Federle, some of them snapping pictures and videos to post on social media. While walking through the school, Joshua popped up next to Olivia, startling her since she didn't see him.

"Oh, god!" She gasped, clutching her heart. "Hey, Josh!"

"Hey, sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Joshua laughed. "Just wanted to catch up since I was behind you. This place really does have a vibe to it, doesn't it?"

"Oh yeah, for sure, almost like that Disney magic you feel when you walk into Disney World for the first time," Olivia replied. "Although it is really hard to compare the two since they're completely different."

"Yeah," Joshua nodded, stuffing his hands into his jeans pockets, walking alongside Olivia in a comfortable silence.

•••

After they finished wrapping their last scenes before their lunch break, they were dismissed for the hour. Olivia followed Joe and Frankie out to his car, since he offered to give her a ride to McDonald's for lunch.

"Beep beep, Richie!" Frankie yelled was he honked the horn, causing everyone to hysterically burst out laughing in the parking lot.

"You did not just make a reference to IT," Dara said, eyeing Frankie.

"Oh yes, honey, he did," Joe replied, getting another laugh out of everybody.

"Who wants to safely 'race' to McDonald's so we're back in time before our break is over?" Matt asked as he got into his car, him and Frankie exchanging looks.

"Well, looks like we're gonna beat you since you haven't even started your car yet," Frankie winked as he began to pull out of the parking lot.

"Oh, hell no!" Matt exclaimed as he started up his car, following the laughing Frankie, Joe, and Olivia down the road; if the next few months in Salt Lake were going to be like this, it was going to be one memorable experience.

•••

INSTAGRAM

olivia.rodrigo: leaving the first day of filming at the school for lunch break be like: 👌👆 #istanjoeandfrankie

[tagged: joe_serafini_ and frankiearodriguez]

•••

frankiearodriguez: alternate caption: your fave gays pulling up in the new whip 👊
—joe_serafini_: i approve this alternate caption
—sofiawylie: i didn't think i could possibly love you both more until i saw this omg

joe_serafini_: imagine being mattcornett and thinking you could beat us to mcdonald's when we already had the head start 😗
mattcornett: okay you didn't have to @ me like that joe
joe_serafini_: 🤷🏼‍♂️

julialester: the things i miss when i bring my lunch to set...
larrysaperstein: ^ well now we know for next time 😂

joshuatbassett: *cough* cheaters *cough*
olivia.rodrigo: if you're gonna keep attacking me go away
joshuatbassett: what are you talking about liv i'm not doing anything
olivia.rodrigo: sure jan 😒
joshuatbassett: smh 🤦🏻‍♂️

imethanwacker: lol looks like fun! glad you're enjoying yourself ❤️
olivia.rodrigo: thanks b ❤️

user1: my fave gays 😩 protect them at all costs
user2: frankie is my legit spirit animal and joe is baby
joe_serafini_: user2 🥰❤️
user2: omfg i've died and gone to heaven goodbye i'm deceased

user3: can disney+ hurry up and come out already i'm so desperate to see this

•••

A/N: i feel like these are so boring i'm sorRY but i really enjoy writing the social media aspects of it lmaooo but i love frankie and joe sm 🥺

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)