19 | Sofia's Secret

IMESSAGE

joshy 🛹
hey today's the big day!
ready to perform our song
in front of our cast mates??

livvy 🌹
god idk why i'm so nervous
about it lol

like they're our friends i know
they won't make fun of us or
laugh or anything but i'm nervous
anyway??

joshy 🛹
hey don't sweat it, we're
gonna be great

just remember it's not just
you up there, it's me too,
sometimes that helps me
knowing there's other people
besides me performing

just breathe, look over at me
if you start to freak out, and
we're gonna do great, got it?

livvy 🌹
yeah, you're right, we're
gonna kill it out there

thanks for the little pep talk,
pep text? lol

joshy 🛹
ofc, glad to help :)

see you soon

livvy 🌹
yep, see ya!

•••

Olivia felt her heart race as she walked onto set, knowing that today was the day she and Joshua would have to perform their song for the first time. Sure, it was for their cast members and crew, but it still gave her jitters.

As soon as she caught a glimpse of Joshua, she thought it might soothe her nerves; unfortunately, it did the opposite, reminding her of how real and current her situation was.

Joshua must have felt her eye on him, because he turned around as she approached him and gave her a smile. "Hey, don't worry we still have another half hour or so until they want us to sing. Wanna go warm up now for a bit?"

"Oh, um... sure," Olivia gave him a brief nod as she followed him towards his dressing room. He sat on his chair as she pulled up another one, his guitar in hand. They took some time to warm up their vocals and practice some verses from the song until deciding they were ready, Joshua more than Olivia.

The two walked out onto the school's stage, their small audience sitting in the chairs of the auditorium before them. Olivia felt her hands begin to shake as she gripped her microphone, knowing that if she opened her mouth to speak or sing, nothing but a squeak would come out.

Joshua noticed her nerves and took a step closer to her, reaching out for one of her hands and prying her grip off of the mic and into his own hand. "Hey, look at me, remember what I told you this morning? We're gonna kill it, there's no need to be nervous. We wrote a killer song and we want it on the show, and it's going to be on it if we sing. So let's do this, yeah?"

Olivia locked eyes with him, nodding. The corner of his mouth tugged up in a smile before he began to strum the first chord of the song. He never took his eyes off of Olivia—even as he sang—until she came in to sing her first verse, "I fell in love with a boy and I can't tell if I fell out..."

The two continued further and further into the song until they found themselves facing each other, their eyes locked on the other's. They subconsciously stepped closer to each other and only did they realize how close they were when they finished singing and their audience erupted in applause. Joshua had almost forgot about everyone else there as he leaned in, but snapped back into reality once Olivia turned her head towards the others and grinned, taking a small bow. He did the same, although he had wondered if she had felt their brief shared moment, too.