24 | Team Josh

INSTAGRAM

madisonhu: shoutout to joshuatbassett for being our photographer because we had to capture this moment 💞

[tagged: olivia.rodrigo and joshuatbassett]

•••

olivia.rodrigo: you look so hot like marry me
madisonhu: 💍👀
user1: i love their friendship so much
user2: ^

user3: if olivia doesn't get with josh then i want her to be with madi

user4: 🎶 i wanna be your endgame 🎶
olivia.rodrigo: *echoes* ENDGAME
user5: YES

joshuatbassett: you're welcome and thank you for the pic creds
madisonhu: ofc ofc 🙏🏼

user6: i don't mean to complain but uh,,, madi can you feed us some jolivia content??
madisonhu: perhaps i will
[madisonhu has deleted this comment]

•••

"Bye Josh, thanks again for the ride from the airport!" Madison exclaimed as she waved to Joshua from Olivia's doorway, which was where she would stay for a couple of weeks.

"No prob," Joshua nodded as he got into his car.

Madison closed the door and faced Olivia as she smiled, Olivia sighing. "Madi, why'd you have Josh take me to the airport so we could pick you up? The ride over was extremely awkward."

"Well, I was hoping to be your wingwoman and, I don't know, have you two talk it out, then kiss and get together at the end," Madison explained as she joined Olivia on the couch, earning a glare from her. "Sorry, I was joking about the last half, but not really. Did you two speak at all?"

"Not really, just exchanged greetings basically and then listened to the radio on the way there."

"BOO!" Madison groaned as she tossed a pillow in Olivia's face, who made no effort to block it. "You suck, it's like I have to do all the work for you two."

Olivia threw the pillow back, Madison sticking her tongue out at her. "It's not like I have to be with Josh. There's other guys out there, you know."

"Yeah, okay, sure, but there's no other Joshua Bassetts out there," Madison replied as Olivia raised an eyebrow. "And before you give me some sarcastic response about how 'I'm sure there's another Josh Bassett out there somewhere', I mean this one. There's something special about you two, and between you two, everyone here knows it. And I'm sure when this show releases, everyone else in the world will know it, too. It just seems like you two are the only ones who don't realize you belong together."

"I feel like that's a line off of Grey's Anatomy."

"It probably is, but that's not the point," Madison rolled her eyes. "Don't you get it? He cares about you! You care about him! Jolivia! Ethan is history."

"How can Ethan be history if he's still on my mind?" Olivia asked. "How can he be history when I sit down to write a song, and it ends up being about him?"

"Or Josh?" Madison questioned. "I've heard the voice memos you send me, those songs sound like Josh. Liv, Ethan's only on your mind right now because of what I said, which I shouldn't have, by the way. You're thinking about the 'what if's', which even you know aren't probably true. Just, please, continue to move on like you have, okay?"

Olivia sighed. "I know, you're right, but it's not that easy. Feelings for someone aren't like an on-off switch, they take time to dissolve. But you're right, and I should try harder, because I can't deny that I have feelings for Josh, and yes I do, too write songs about him. But I also can't deny any feelings at all about Ethan because he meant a lot to me."

Madison placed a hand on Olivia's shoulder. "I know, but you deserve better. And hey, while I'm here, you can always vent to me, alright? I love you, and that's why I'm going to be making the DC Trio spend a hell of a lot of time together as long as I'm here."

Olivia widened her eyes. "What?"

"Yep, that's right Liv, I'm Team Josh, and my mission starts now."

•••

A/N: this feels kind of ~stupid~ but i had some writer's block and just tried to go with the flow here so forgive me for that, i promise things will get better 🤧

i feel like i say i'm sorry in like every update, but 😳 i am, because i don't have a set schedule on when i update and such, i just go with when i can and feel like it because my school workload is astronomical right now 🥵 so please bear with me! i haven't forgotten about this story <3

ALSO i wrote a story based off of the love triangle of folklore! it's called "betty's cardigan" if you could check it out (and any of my other stories), it'd mean a lot to me <3

anyway i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)