15 | People You What?

The next day on set, everybody who was in the group chat Olivia created (minus Madison) gave her looks or mouthed "talk to him!" whenever she was near Joshua. Of course, her natural reaction was to roll her eyes and mouth back, "no!" as they replied with looks of disappointment; she knew her friends meant well, but she wanted to tell him on her own time.

While Olivia and Joshua were talking between takes, their director, Tim, called them over. The two exchanged a quick glance and shrug before walking over to him, clearly confused.

"Is everything alright, Tim?" Joshua asked, the three standing far back away from everyone else to talk privately; clearly this was serious.

"Oh, yes, nothing's wrong, it's actually pretty good," Tim began. "But before I continue, I want to say a disclaimer: do not get your hopes up about what I'm going to tell you, because there is a pretty decent chance it may not happen."

"I know you said it's not bad but you're kind of starting to freak me out a little, Tim," Olivia let out a small nervous laugh.

Tim paused for a moment for dramatic effect before continuing, "The producers of the show and I want you two to co-write a song that might be used in the show between your two characters."

Joshua and Olivia's eyes widened as they looked over at each other, wide grins spreading across their faces as they responded in unison, "For real?!"

"Well, like I said, it's a maybe," Tim explained. "We just all know that both of you like to song-write on the side, so we figured we'd give you two a chance, especially since you know your characters pretty well by now. So, what do you say? You going to give it a shot?"

"Um, hell yeah!" Joshua exclaimed as Olivia nodded in agreement, all three excitingly exchanging a group hug.

"Alright, well we don't want to rush, but we'd like a rough draft of the song in about two weeks," Tim stated. "Since you two aren't in this scene right now, you can start brainstorming ideas and such, but I've got to get back to my job." The two nodded as Tim headed back towards the camera crew to film the next scene.

"So, you ready to get our creative juices flowing?" Joshua asked as the two headed towards what they called the "lounge room", which was there the cast would hang out on breaks and such.

"'Creative juices'?" Olivia echoed as Joshua picked up his guitar from the corner of the room laughing.

"Yeah, see that's a creative juices term, and if you're not willing to come up with things like that, I don't think we can do this together," Joshua shrugged.

Olivia snickered. "Wow, you're so funny. See? I'm laughing." She tried to stay serious as they made eye contact, but she couldn't help but laugh.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

"No, it's just I can never take a staring contest seriously with my friends and people I—" Olivia quickly caught herself before finishing the sentence.

"People you what?" Joshua questioned.

"Oh, it's nothing," Olivia avoided eye contact as she dug in her bag for her songbook, where she wrote down sheet music and lyrics for her songs. "We can use my songbook for this if you want."

"Sure," Joshua nodded as he sat on the couch across from her, pretending he didn't notice the way she dodged his question. He would admit, he's curious, but he decided not to dwell on it since it probably wasn't even important; the song should be their main priority now anyway.

"Okay so, since it's between our two characters, I think it should be like a love song, or an almost love song, since they're kind of unsure about how the other feels about them..." Olivia began explaining her ideas to Joshua, writing down what they agreed on and putting a question mark down to what they disagreed on for a possible later discussion.

"What if the song started like this..?" Joshua picked up his guitar some time later and strummed a chord, humming a rhythm to it since they hadn't come up with lyrics yet.

"I like it," Olivia smiled, writing it down. "Keep going."

He continued to play as she continued to write, the two feeling as if they entered another universe where it was just them and their music, and nothing else mattered; it was just them and their moment.

And ironically, just like the song they were writing, it was about the two unsure of how the other felt towards them, when they really felt exactly the same way.

•••

A/N: lol i feel like this was lame but i'm kinda tired so i'm sorry 😴 and sorry for not updating sooner, i was finishing up my final research paper for my college english class last week (which i got a 98% on btw and i'm proud of it because i really didn't think i was that good at writing 😤👊) and also playing wayyy too much animal crossing... the 5 star island grind doesn't stop

also OOO jolivia is writing "just for a moment" ooo it's revealing feelings time 👀 haha i'm kidding... 😳❓ we can't forget i said i like slow burns and this is only chapter 15 😳🤷🏻‍♀️

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)