26 | The Pixar Theory

"Liv? Livvy," Joshua whispered as he gently shook Olivia awake from the seat next to him. "We're here."

"Oh?" Olivia asked groggily as she rubbed her eyes. She looked around to see Madison already outside her door staring at her through the window, Joshua nodding next to her as he got out of the car.

"Get out, sleepyhead," Madison teased as Olivia opened the door, almost knocking Madison over. "Hey!"

"Revenge is sweet," Olivia winked playfully as Madison glared at her.

The trio walked through the parking lot to the park entrance, Madison mentally crossing her fingers that the two hopeless romantics in front of her would somehow find their way to one another.

•••

"Oh my god, you weren't joking," Olivia laughed as they got off the monorail once it made a full lap around the park.

"I told you, I can't believe you doubted me," Joshua placed a hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt.

"Sorry, Joshy," Olivia replied as he stuck out his bottom lip, making her laugh.

"You guys should take a pic in front of the castle, I'll take it," Madison offered, giving Olivia a quick wink.

"Oh yeah, sure," Joshua nodded, Olivia nodding as well.

"But you guys gotta make it look cool, you're just standing there all boring," Madison pouted, the two just standing next to each other.

"Fine, this is cool," Olivia crouched down and put her hands together, Joshua facing her but looking into the camera as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Wait, idea!" Olivia jumped up for a quick moment and flipped Joshua's hat around backwards, making him laugh as Madison snapped a picture without them knowing.

"Okay, now for real this time," Madison waited for them to get back into their positions before snapping the photos, grinning and how cute her friends looked. "They're perfect! Now, who's down for Space Mountain one more time?"

•••

The trio left the park a while later and headed to a nearby hotel for the night. They planned to go back the next day before heading back to Salt Lake City.

The room they got had two beds, Joshua offering to take the pull-out couch and letting the girls have the beds.

After each one of them had gotten ready for bed, Madison pulled up a movie on her laptop, inviting them to watch with her on her bed.

"Come, come, we've gotta watch Monsters Inc., it's a classic," Madison waved them over, Olivia sitting on one side of her, Joshua on the other.

About a half hour into the movie, Madison decided she had to use the bathroom, handing Olivia the laptop as she scurried out of the room, hoping the two would have some alone time.

"So, do you agree with Madi and that this movie is a classic?" Olivia asked.

"Oh yeah, for sure, it was one of my favorites growing up," Joshua replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah, especially once I heard about the Pixar theory. It made seeing toys from Toy Story and a Nemo toy make sense," Joshua explained.

"What's the Pixar theory?" Olivia asked, Joshua's eyes growing wide.

"You've never heard of the Pixar theory?!" Judging by the confused look on her face, he quickly grabbed the laptop from her and searched for the Pixar theory on YouTube. Once he found a video, he scooted closer to her so they could both see the screen, Olivia suddenly feeling her cheeks turn red from how close the two were.

It almost gave her a sense of familiarity from the time he had come over to comfort her after she and Ethan broke up. It reminded her that he's always been there for her when she needed him to be, even if he hadn't been in her life for very long.

Madison came back out from the bathroom, a smile forming on her face at the site of how close her friends were, and how Joshua was explaining the video to a wide eyed gazing Olivia.

Maybe, just maybe, Madison's plan was beginning to move along.

•••

A/N: lol it's the "katy apologizing for not updating in a hot second" author's note!! what a shocker!! but for real i'm sorry for this mini hiatus! school has been literally kicking me in the butt and i've had quite a bit going on with my personal life that i won't give into but! my bad! i'll try to update more often!

anyway i hope you've enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)