Aslan's Resurrection

CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

Peter stationed the troops from the top of a mountain all the way to the bottom. Peter, Elizabeth, and Oreius are at the front of the army as they look out across the field in front of them. Edmund is at the top of the mountain, where he will be safer.

"They come, Your Highnesses, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own,' A griffin explains as he lands beside Peter.

"Numbers do not win a battle," Oreius states.

"No. But I bet they help," Peter says. Elizabeth glares as she noticed the White Witch wearing Aslan's mane, as if it were a trophy. Peter looks up at Edmund, who nods. Peter and Elizabeth unsheathe their swords, pointing them towards the White Witch's army causing horns to be blown and their army to cheer. The White Witch's army starts charging towards them. Peter waves his sword signaling for the griffins. A swarm of griffins appear over the top of the mountain, carrying huge rocks before dropping them on the White Witch's army.

"Are you with me?" Peter asks Oreius.

"To the death," Oreius answers him causing Elizabeth to frown. She hoped that he did not meet such a fate.

"For Narnia!" Peter yells as he raises his sword into the air.

"For Aslan!" Elizabeth yells as she does the same before they charge into battle.

Susan and Lucy wake the next morning to find Aslan still dead.

"We should go," Susan says.

"He's so cold," Lucy says as they start to walk away. They look back one last time before starting down the stairs. The ground shakes causing them to fall as something behind them cracks. "Susan!" They look back to see the stone table split in half.  "Where's Aslan?"

"What have they done?" Susan asks. With the shining sun Aslan walks through the arch before them.

"Aslan!" Susan and Lucy say as they run and hug him.

"But we saw the knife. The Witch," Susan says.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even death itself will turn backwards," Aslan explains as they walk around the table.

"We sent the news that you were dead. Peter, Elizabeth, and Edmund will have gone to war," Susan explains.

"We have to help them," Lucy says as she unsheathes her dagger.

"We will, dear one, but not alone," Aslan tells her as he lowers her dagger with his paw.

"Climb on my back. We have far to go and little time to get there. And you may want to cover your ears." Aslan lets out a mighty roar before taking off.