Sudden Vengeance

CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

Everyone turns back as they hear Miraz groan in pain. Miraz is falling to the ground away from his lord with a Narnian arrow in his back.

"Treachery. They shot him. They murdered our king!" The Lord yells as he grabs Miraz's sword.

"Be ready!" Peter orders the Narnians as the Telemarines ride back to their army. A remaining Telemarine soldier runs to attack Peter.

"Peter!" Caspian warns, causing Peter to quickly turn around. Before the soldier can attack Peter, Elizabeth rides through killing the soldier. Peter gives Elizabeth an appreciative nod.

"Go!" Peter orders her before she rides towards the entrance of the How where she meets up with Caspian, who is now on his horse. The Telemarines start using their catapults as the Narnians stand their ground. The first wave of Telemarine soldiers are sent into battle.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan orders as she notches an arrow. Peter looks back at Caspian and Elizabeth with a nod before Caspian, Elizabeth, and Glenstorm go into the How. Caspian and Elizabeth both grab a torch as they ride towards the hidden troops.

"Narnians! Charge!" Caspian orders before leading the way deeper underground. A centaur sounds a horn as the underground army heads towards the oncoming Telemarine soldiers.

"One, two," Peter begins to count.

"Three, four," Caspian counts as he and Elizabeth share a look.

"Five, six," Peter counts as he watches the Telemarine soldiers get closer.

"Take your aim!" Susan orders the archers.

"Stay with them," Trumpkin orders as well.

"Eight, Nine," Peter continues. "Get ready!"

"Now!" Elizabeth orders before the Narnians start taking out the columns of dirt that are holding the ground up. The ground caves in, killing some of the Telemarine soldiers.

"Now!" Susan orders before firing her bow, followed by the other archers, killing more of the Telemarine soldiers.

"Charge!" Peter orders the rest of the Narnians as Edmund mounts a horse. Elizabeth and Caspian share a nod before splitting ways.

"Charge!" Caspian and Elizabeth order at the same time as they exit through secret tunnels in the ground, on the opposite side of the Telemarine soldiers. They start fighting before the rest of the Telemarine soldiers are sent into battle. Caspian waves his sword in the air signaling for the griffins, who are carrying dwarf archers. The Telemarines use huge bows to take out the griffins. Peter looks over at Elizabeth.

"Lucy?" Peter asks in hope before Elizabeth shakes her head no, having not seen any sign of her little sister. "Back To The How!" They start to retreat back to the How before the Telemarines use the catapults to destroy the entrance.

"Susan, watch out!" Elizabeth yells as the tree on the ledge beside her sister begins to fall. The ground breaks beneath Susan causing her to fall before Trumpkin catches her. Trumpkin slings Susan onto a lower ledge as Elizabeth and Caspian meet up beside Peter. Caspian, Elizabeth, and Peter turn back to the battle as they are joined by Susan and Edmund. Peter and Caspian share a nod before Caspian and Elizabeth share a small smile. Peter then leads them back into battle.