The Nightmares

Chapter 44

Chapter 44

A few hours later Caspian went to get a few hours of sleep since Elizabeth was right.

"Father! Father..." Caspian calls out in his sleep. Caspian wakes to find the crew gone and his father standing in front of him.

"Do you honestly think a girl like her would be with an orphan boy like you? That she will honestly chose you over her family? She probably has a boy waiting for her back home anyways," His father taunts him.

"No! She loves me and I love her! I don't care what she chooses as long as she is happy," Caspian argues with his father.

"You do care. Just like you care that you aren't no where near the king I was," His father taunts.

"Father stop this. Father..." Caspian says before he actually wakes up. Caspian finds Lucy standing by Edmund, who has his sword unsheathed.

"I can't sleep," Lucy tells Edmund.

"Let me guess. Bad dreams," Edmund asks as he looks between Lucy and Caspian. "So either were all going mad or something is playing with our minds." A scream is heard throughout the ship. Caspian immediately takes off running, recognizing the scream as Elizabeth.

Elizabeth had woken to find herself back at the How. She sees Peter standing in front of the White Witch in the ice.

"Peter, what are you doing?" Elizabeth asks him panicked.

"How could you love him? He's a Telemarine. He's the reason we lost our people in that castle. How could you love a monster?" Peter questions Elizabeth causing her to start crying. "Elizabeth, you have to choose. Your family or the monster?"

"Peter, I... I..." Elizabeth tries to think of what to say.

"Choose!" Peter orders her.

"I can't! I won't!" Elizabeth yells at him.

"Then you will both die," Peter says before grabbing hands with the White Witch.

"No!" Elizabeth yells before she unsheathes her sword. She begins to fight the White Witch as Peter and Caspian fight. She hears Caspian cry out only to find that Peter had stabbed him in the stomach. "No!" Elizabeth feels pain radiate through her as the White Witch stabs her in the stomach once again. Caspian and Elizabeth fall beside each other as the White Witch smiles down at them in victory.

"Eliza," Caspian whisper getting her attention. "I love you."

"Caspian," Elizabeth says before realizing he is dead. "No! No!"

Caspian makes it into the office where Elizabeth had fallen asleep.

"Eliza! Elizabeth! Wake up!" Caspian says as he shakes her. Elizabeth quickly wakes up, seeing Caspian in front of her before quickly pulling him in a hug.

"You're alive. You're okay," Elizabeth whispers as she clings to Caspian while crying.

"It's alright. I'm right here. You're okay," Caspian reassures as he rubs soothing circles across Elizabeth's back. Elizabeth cries herself back to sleep in Caspian's arms as he holds her, never wanting to let go.