The Lion's Roar

CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

The Telemarines begin to retreat across the bridge but stop once they see Lucy appear on the other side. Elizabeth smiles as she sees the Telemarine army stopped by her little sister. Her smile grows as she watches her sister smirk and unsheathe her dagger. The lord, which is at the head of the army, turns to to see that the army is surrounded before looking back towards Lucy.

"Aslan," Elizabeth gasps as her sister is joined by the great lion.

"Charge!" The lord orders before they begin to run at Lucy and Aslan. Once the Telemarines are halfway across the bridge, Aslan lets out a mighty roar causing them to stop. Caspian looks at Elizabeth confused since she still has a big smile on her face. The current of the river begins to pick up before a huge man forms out of the river. The river man picks the bridge causing the soldiers to jump off, leaving only the lord. The river man swallows the lord before disappearing into the river.

Lucy sheathes her dagger as the Telemarines surrender. Edmund, Caspian, Elizabeth, Peter, and Susan then make their way across the river. Once they are standing in front of Aslan and Lucy, they all bow.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia," Aslan orders before Edmund, Elizabeth, Peter, and Susan rise. "All of you."

"I do not think I am ready," Caspian tells Aslan as he looks up at him. Elizabeth has a small smile on her face as she remembers that she and her siblings were once the same way.

"It's for that very reason I know you are," Aslan explains before Caspian rises. Bagpipes begin to play as mice carry a wounded Reepicheep. Lucy rushes over as they lay him down before dropping a drop from her cordial in his mouth.

"Oh! Thank you, your majesty," Reepicheep says as he sits up before being helped to stand. "Oh!" Reepicheep catches sight of Aslan. "Hail, Aslan! It is a great honor to be in..." Reepicheep goes to bow but instead stumbles forward, only to find he is without a tail. "I'm completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Uh.. perhaps a drop more."

"I don't think it does that," Lucy says sadly.

"You could have a go," Reepicheep tries.

"It becomes you well, small one," Aslan says with a chuckle.

"All the same, great king. I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse," Reepicheep explains before holding out his sword.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend," Aslan says.

"Well, it's not just the honor. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things," Reepicheep further explains.

"May it please your high majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief," One of the mice say.

"Not for the sake of your dignity but for the love of your people," Aslan says with a chuckle.

"Look!" Reepicheep says as he holds his new tail that appeared. "Thank you, my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility."

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asks as he looks at Lucy. Elizabeth, Susan, and Lucy all look over at Trumpkin, who then makes his way over before bowing to Aslan. Trumpkin shakes in fear as Aslan roars at him.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asks jokingly.