Frank Needs A Boyfriend

"So how's the obsessive unrequited crush on my brother going?" Mikey asks.

"Oh, you know. Pretty good. I should be having an existential crisis any day now," Frank replies, and then sneezes.

"Yuck, you're sick," Mikey replies.

"Your face is sick."

"I know you meant that as an insult, but isn't sick what the kids these days call 'cool' in slang?"

"Go away," Frank says, throwing a tissue at him. Mikey makes a face, but the tissue is flimsy so it doesn't make it that far.

"I shan't go away, I'm visiting my brother," Mikey says, "you know him, he's the guy you're in love with."

"Yeah, yeah. I know who you're referring to," Frank says. Gerard went down stairs to get the mail, at which point Mikey then promptly made fun of Frank's undying love for an idiot who might as well have horse blinders.

"Frank!" Gerard says as he slams the door.

"What?" Frank asks looking up at him.

"Mail."

"Well I would assume so, didn't you just go out to get it?"

Gerard rolls his eyes, "alright smartass."

"Did I get anything exciting?"

"A coupon for K-mart," Gerard says, "a bill, seventeen magazine-"

"I am not subscribed to that!" Frank says.

"No, Pete and I got it for you," Mikey says, "I thought you'd appreciate it."

"Why on earth would I want a magazine meant for teenage girls?" Frank asks, looking at him expectantly.

"Has tips on getting yourself a boyfriend," Mikey says, "which you are in dire need of."

"I am single, and I like it!" Frank says, but obviously he doesn't. He doesn't want to be taken though unless it's Gerard. Frank's life is a sad continuing story of a lonely boy who wants nothing more than his best friend. It's quite depressing actually. There's a whole genre of music devoted to his yearning. It's called Taylor Swift's breakup playlist.

"You do need a boyfriend, Frank," Gerard says, shuffling through the rest of the stack and sorting his mail from Frank's. Frank blushes, and tries to play it off as a cough a moment later, but Mikey gives him this slanted look.

"I'm perfectly fine," Frank says, "I don't need someone else in my life to be complete. I am a strong individual."

"Who don't need no man," Mikey says teasingly.

Frank frowns, "you're mean."

"I'm not saying you need someone to be complete, I'm saying it would make you happy," Gerard shrugs, finally throwing the mail on the counter dejectedly. He walks over to the couch, and realizes there's no space left for him, because Mikey's put his feet up.

"Budge over, would you," Gerard says.

"Why?"

"Because it's my apartment," Gerard replies.

"It's Frank's apartment too," Mikey shrugs.

"You're right. Frank, would you tell Mikey to move over?" Gerard asks, looking at him, and there's no way in hell he could ever say no to those eyes.

"Kay," Frank says, rather dreamily, making Mikey nearly gag, "Move over, Mikey."

"Sometimes I feel like the whole world is against me," Mikey says melodramatically. He scoots down anyway, and Gerard sits down between them, pulling his foot up next to him. Frank can't help but look at his roommate, and wish he could grab the guy and kiss him. He wants that more than just about anything.