Frank Has a Problematic Ex

"Gerard, we need to talk," Frank says as a greeting when he walks into the apartment.

"That is not a good tone, not a good way to start a sentence, and the look on your face is not good either," Gerard says, "I am officially terrified of what you're about to say."

"God, Gerard," Frank says rolling his eyes, "okay, no it's not about us. You have me now, I'll make you that promise. We're together, deal with it. I'm not going anywhere."

"Well then what [i]is this about? Something is wrong, I know that for sure, but what?"

"Well it's about Aaron," Frank says.

Gerard pauses for a long minute, because it's been two weeks since they last talked about Aaron. He hasn't been brought up in conversation at all in half a month, but now Frank is looking really pissed off and he's brought up that name again. Gerard still hates the name Aaron, and even more than that, he hates the person who that name belongs to.

"What about him?"

"He's ruining my life," Frank says without explanation. Frank throws off his coat, he doesn't bother to hang it up anywhere, he just leaves it on the kitchen stool. That's Gerard's first signal that something is definitely wrong, because usually, Frank would hang the coat up. He's somewhat of a neat freak, he's not obsessive about it but it's still true about him. He doesn't just leave things lying around if he can put them in the correct spot, and that's why Gerard is confused.

"Okay, so I'm not following," Gerard says. Frank is walking past Gerard who's sitting on the couch, and he doesn't even bother to look at him before he's going in to their room, pulling his tie off from around his neck.

"He's ruining my life, plain and simple," Frank calls, from the room, where he's assumingly changing out of his interview garb. Aaron, having gotten Frank fired, has forced him to also look for a new job which is all he's been doing for the past two weeks. Well that and Gerard. He's been doing job interviews and Gerard.

"So I got that part where you said he's ruining your life, but would you explain how? I got the what, and I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with the why and who, but it's the how I need help with," Gerard says.

Frank groans, and then he walks back into the living room. His hair is all askew from where he pulled a shirt up over it, and he's wearing a sweatshirt that's way too big for him which means it's probably Gerard's. He doesn't look like he's having the greatest day, and Gerard was going to ask how his interview went but the look on his face explains it well enough.

"He's blackballing me," Frank states, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. He's looking at Gerard, waiting for him to understand and give out his sympathy, but Gerard has no idea what he means.

"He's what?"

"He's ruining my life, Gerard! He's not going to let me breakup with him without making me regret it and he's doing that by making me unhireable."

"That's not a word," Gerard says.

"No? Well whatever. No one in this city will hire me, and you want to know why? Aaron. That's why."

"So, he's doing this how?" Gerard asks

"Hell if I know, but he is, I'm sure of it, okay? I have applied for like, what, thirty different jobs, gone on six interviews and every single one of them got a phone call right in the middle of it where they told me that they no longer need to speak with me. Aaron is calling these people and he's badmouthing me! I don't know how the fuck he's doing it, but who else would have a grudge against me? Also, I heard the interview guy say his name, but that's beside the point. Aaron is making sure that no one in this whole godforsaken city will hire me!"