how it all happened

It's the first day of school. I roam the halls with my leather heels clicking with every step I take. My flame colored hair styled in a short punk style with my Smokey eyes and brown/dark red lipstick. 

It's only the first day of junior year and I'm getting looks of hate from women and looks of those of a bulldog craving a bone from the men. 

I can't wait to get out of the hall. Luckily my first hour is art.

Thank God.

I walk into my class to see a very colorful looking women up by the board. Her hair was a bright white blonde with pink highlights.

How old is she? Thirty maybe? This should be an interesting year.

             I go and sit at the back of the class. Students slowly started flooding through the door until the bell rung marking the beginning of first period. Some blonde girls with cheetah print scarves and the bodies of 9 year old's we're starting at me.

"I know what your thinking.and yes;  I bite." I said with a snarl.

They quickly turned back to their iPhone's.

"Hello class i'm Miss.  Rachel, and I'll be your art teacher this year."

She started to write something on the board and I got preoccupied drawing a picture of a very angry looking cat.

Fuck. How do you draw a not angry looking cat. They always look pissed.

I heard a pair of heels click into the class but I didn't bother looking up.

"Ah,I assumed we'd have at least one late kid, here you can take a seat right they're back by uh.. Zyris!"

Shit. That's me. So much for enjoying an hour of just me and my sketch book.

I heard the steady click of heels come closer to me and eventually the chair next to me being pulled out to sit in. I still don't bother to look up. I felt her breathing on my shoulder. 

Stop it.

"Are you drawing grumpy cat?" I heard  a sweet innocent sounding voice over my shoulder.

I looked up thinking of what snarky comment to make...but then I saw her face... and her eyes. 

Damn..

They're a bright green, wide eyed innocently looking into mine, and brown loose curls falling down her back,with nice soft pink lips. My face instantly softened.

I wonder if I look retarded, i'm practically drooling. Dammit Zyris get your shit together.

"I'm um,no. I was uh trying to draw my cat at home, for my sister, shes the only one who likes him.. so....um......I'm Zyris."

The girl just smiled.

"I know,the teacher told me."

I can feel my face turning red.

"So,do I get to know your name?" I said slightly tilting my head.

"I'm Candy."

I would probably vomit in my mouth if I heard anyone else say that was their name. But with her it just sounds...very pretty. I like it.

"So the cat." She said looking at my sketch pad.

I awkwardly shifted back to reality. "Oh um yeah. I swear I'm not a horrible artist, hes just a really ugly ass cat."

She laughed. "Can I see your other drawings?"

"Be my guest." I said leaning back.

What the hell. I never let people touch my sketch pad. What is coming over me????

She started to look through it. Not skimming through like art teachers, but actually looking at them, paying attention to detail, trying to understand the pictures. Most of them were relatively dark. Like pictures of hearts in chains,etc. She looked up at me.

"I really like your art. I suck at drawing"

"I could teach you." I said filling up with excitement.

"Nah there's no hope for me. But my stick figures are pretty on point though" She said laughing. " But you should draw me sometime."

She said smirking,  looking deep into my Crystal blue eyes.

Oh my....what's going on with me....why do I feel like this...I think...I think I'm gonna fall for her..