Chapter 5

AN: Omg you guys! thank you SO much for reading my wattpad story! You have no idea how much this means to me! To be complete honest, I thought I would of had only 20 views, but since you guys are so amazing, I am going to make a deal with you all! If this story gets up to 300 views, I will update the next chapter. I do apologize if the story gets confusing, but this is my first story that I have updated ever. Don't forget to tell your friends, comment and like! Now this is where I think the story is going to get more exciting. Keep in mind that this is Act 1 out of 3. Dont forget that I will be taking down the last chapter for good soon, since we hit that 100 view mark! Thanks again,

~Ninjago100

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY. I only own the plot of this story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby's POV

"AAAEEEEYYYAAAA!!" Oscar blocks my punch wit hes arm, but I was not done yet. I swung my body to the left to give my round house kick for him to duck. When my foot hit the floor, I swung my arm around and elbowed him in the face. He stumbles back a bit befor regaining his balance. I lunge forward and aimed fro his stomach. It took him a minute to realize where I was headed before he made his move to dodge. He moved to the left and avoided my punch, but I swept my left leg into his legs to knock him down.

"Match!" Qrow called. I reached my hand and helped Oscar back up.

"You ok?" He rubbed the back of his head and looked down in ashame.

"Yea, you just surprised me, tha'ts all." He gave me his goofy smile. I chuckled a bit before Qrow came over.

"Good job there Ruby. All that training is really paying off, huh."

"Well, yea, but I did learn from the best." he nodded before looking at Oscar.

"What happened kid? Usually you do better than this." Oscar glared at him.

"What exactly do you mean by that, Qrow?" His tone took me by surprise. He used a little bit of venom when he said Qrow's name. Qrow put his hands up in defense. 

"Easy kid, all I was going to tell you was that your being a little sluggish on your moves." Oscar turned and started to walk towards him. He look him dead in the eye.

"Are you calling me weak?" Qrow was taken back by this new tone in Oscars voice.

"No, I never-"

"Admit it Qrow! You called my attacks 'sluggish', didn't you?" He did not give Qrow time to respond. "And that is your way of calling me weak!"

"Kid, no one said that you're weak, ok?"

"You did just now! You just said, 'you're weak, ok?' Well, I'm sorry for trying my best, alright? Or is my best not good enough for you?"

"Kid, what has gotten into-"

"You know exactly what my problem is! And I am not going to let you hurt Ruby the same way you did her!" He paused for a moment, before turning to me. "Do you think I'm weak?" The question threw me off a bit. I looked at him.

"Oscar, I-"

"Do you think I am weak, Ruby! Answer my question!" I looked at his face. His eyes were blood shot and his skin was sickly pale. Dark circles were noticeably under his eyes while his pupils were dilated. He was clearly exhausted. He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Ruby?" Clearly he was upset about something, or someone. I took a deep breath.

"No Oscar, you are not weak." I braced myself to get yelled at, but instead, nothing. I reached out to hold his hands in a way to calm him down. It seemed to help as he relaxed a bit, his eyes softened, and smiled.

"Thank you. I knew you would believe in me, Ruby." He turned to Qrow and scowled. "At least, ONE of you believe in me..." Then he turned around and walked off

~~~

As I watched Oscar walk off, I hear Qrow sigh. I turned to look at him to see that he too could tell something was off.

"Uncle Qrow, what is going on with Oscar? He has never acted like this before." I waited before going on. "You saw how exhausted he looked, and how he looks at you like he is scared of you." Tears start to form as I wipe them away.

"I am not entirely sure kid. When we fought Tyran, he did not have a scratch on him." He turns to me. "But after the battle, he was out for two days. Then last night, Penny gave him a light seditive to calm him down, but instead knocked him out. This morning-" He stopped.

"What happened this morning?" he shook his head.

"Nothing, he was just still exhausted ." Qrow was hiding something. Before I could question him, he continued. "Now he is snapping at people. I would say that it was because he is tired, but he has had plenty of rest. He has had more than enough time to recover from the battle." He turned with me with worry in his eyes. "The next possibility would be that he got struck with poison, but he would of had a fever by now, and would not be up and moving around like he is now. Not to mention, the poison would not have changed his attitude towards others. He would have been the same ol' Oscar." He takes his container out and took a sip. "And like I said earlier, he did not have a scratch on him when we found him." We stood there in silence.

"So, what do we do now?" I was almost scared to hear his answer.

"Our best bet is to keep an eye out for him for now. If he gets worse, or shows no signs of getting better, we will have to talk to Oz."