(55) I Like Dreamin'

She was awake, burrowing herself into the warm, soft sheets. Eyes adjusting to the light breaking through the curtains across the room, she blinked a few times before pushing the warm material off of her body. Placing her feet on the floor she gasped softly and retreated back to the bed...it was cold, in fact she hadn't realized it until now but the whole room was cold.

It wasn't until she thought of taking the blanket with her that she noticed there was someone else in the bed. Blonde hair a mess and covers now pulled tightly to their body, as if trying to make up for her absence, their breathing slow and steady showing they were still asleep. Grabbing gently at the edge of the covers she tugged at it lightly hoping to see the face of the person next to her. The person wouldn't budge. She pulled on the material again, and again, and with every time she did the curtain behind her would attempt to open wanting the light outside to shine through. Finally with one last pull the cover was removed.

There was a light and suddenly she wasn't in the room anymore. Rubbing the remainders of sleep from her eyes, and a bit of disbelief, she gazed out at the horizon; its pale light extended across a lilac sky. It was beautiful. Too beautiful to be real. Warmth returned to her as well as the familiar feeling of arms being wrapped around her. She couldn't move, she couldn't find her voice, and yet her heart pounded in her throat, threading to break out.

Almost as breathtaking as the pastel horizon before her a flower of the sky; a butterfly crossed their path. Fluttering up, down, and around them almost mocking the ones she felt in her chest.

Turning around in the mans arms she was quick to scan his face before becoming comfortable and relaxed. If it were anyone else she would've dropped her gaze, but with him she was drawn in closer, always wanting more. Seeing him and hearing his voice made her heart twirl, her skin tingled when and wherever he touched her. His hand rubbed up and down her arm soothingly before coming up to cradle the side of her face. He leaned in a little closer, their foreheads touching, his hands slid in her hair leaving his thumbs on the side of her face. It was slow and soft, bringing comfort in ways that words would and could never. He kissed her and the world fell away.

Just then, her eyes open and she's staring at the ceiling. Pin-drop silence. It felt so real yet she feels nothing except for where his hands used to be on the sides of her face. It may have just been a dream but she felt every bit of it...she always did. It was like a high she never wanted to come down from and when it went away she wished it would come back without having to slip into a deep slumber to receive the feeling. The same dream comes often and only the beginning and ending changes, he never did.

It was always him.

( This was nothing special tbh. I just felt really inspired by two songs: I Like Dreamin' by Kenny Nolan and Dream In a Dream by Ten. )

( who was Jae dreaming about? )