The Assignment

AN: Hi, Readers! I hope you're having a wonderful day! Sorry in advance if I make any grammar or spelling mistakes. You can tell me I don't mind. Hope you like it!

.....

Nico was laying on the couch of his cabin with Will laying by his side. He had fallen asleep while watching one of the many seasons of their favorite TV show and was now snoring quietly, only letting off tiny huffs of air, which Nico found utterly adorable. The Italian wouldn't admit it though.

The little things Will did like having a skip in his step after they had kissed, how he held Nico's hand under the Apollo table whenever he could notice Nico had experienced a bad day, or how he laid right now beside him snoring with his head in his lap and snoring so quietly that if you weren't a musician or a demigod you probably wouldn't have heard it.

Nico caressed Will's cheek softly enough not wake him up. Will shuffled a bit and he panicked for a second thinking that he woke him up. But he just repositioned his head and put it more comfortably in Nico's lap. The Italian let out a sigh of relief but then he saw the ruby eyes of his skull ring blinking; declaring that his father needed him.

He stood up carefully lifting Will's head and put it under a pillow that was nearby. His cabin was huge since only he lived there without the exception of Hazel's visits. A bed with black covers and white pillows was pressed up against the wall and on the other side there where a couple of couches facing the flat-screen TV by the other wall. He sighed once again and tiredly shadowed traveled away to the Underworld.

.....

It was dark as it always was. The sound of his footsteps bounced on the walls of his father's palace. He liked to think that their relationship had improved over the years. His and his step-mother's bond had certainly gotten better. Since the battle against Gaea Persephone accepted that he was going to be involved in her life whether she liked it or not. So they started being civil towards each other and whenever Nico spent time in the Underworld she would treat him like a son.

"There you are!" his father exclaimed partly relieved. Nico bowed lightly to his father showing him his respect. However, Persephone, unlike Hades, stood up from her throne and hugged Nico.

"Nico! I haven't seen you for weeks." Persephone told Nico in a relieved voice. Nico felt a small smile crept onto his face at his step-mother's behavior.

"Sorry about that. Will's and I anniversary was last week and I wanted it to spend it with him." Nico said in a tone that indicated that he wasn't sorry at all since he had enjoyed his time with his boyfriend and didn't regret it. He turned around and looked at Hades "Father you called me?"

"Yes, there have been some troubles in Hecate's world." Hades sighed, clearly showing his annoyance. Nico knew of the magic world of course. After all type of people ended up in the Underworld. "There is a man who calls himself Voldemort and is trying to take over the magic world. All you have to do is go to their school, Hogwarts, and see that no harm happens to Harry Potter which is the fated to defeat him. Also, he seems to have made use of Horcruxes and that's an insult to us."

Nico couldn't contain the chuckle that escaped his mouth at hearing the school's name. 'I mean I knew the wizards were weird but not that level of weird.' "But father wouldn't it be easier to go up to this Voldemort and kill him?" Nico wasn't disturbed by the thought of killing another man. Sometimes he would get missions to kill from his father when other people created Horcruxes or Thanatos had forgotten to collect a soul (which was often considering his strange addiction to binge-watch My Little Pony and creating fictional ships between the characters).

"Yes, it would be easier. However, Harry is fated to do it and it would raise suspicions if a 17-year-old who has been never seen before killed their most dangerous enemy." said another voice in a dark corner. Nico turned around to see Hecate, leaning on one of the pillars her platinum hair cascading down in waves with innocent green eyes looking up at him. She was right now having the appearance of an 8-year-old. Nico bowed low since he towered over her significantly. "I'll give you the ability to use magic and you'll be going there immediately."

Nico only nodded. He was given an assignment by two gods. He didn't really have a choice to do it or not. Suddenly without warning, Hecate raised her hand and touched Nico's cheek. He felt strange energy coursing through his body and in his brain started popping strange words which he assumed where spells' and potions' names. Even though the energy was burning he didn't show it, merely flinched once or twice; he endured much worse in Tartarus.

"Good. Your luggage has already been left in the Leaky Cauldron. You'll stay for a night and here is your key so you may retrieve some money from the Gringott's Bank. I wish a pleasant journey." Hecate said it all in one breath and was gone in a poof leaving the address of the Leaky Cauldron in Nico's hand so he may shadow travel.

Nico bid farewell to his father with a sight nod and Persephone hugged him tightly clearly not happy he was going away but knew there was nothing she could do."Well, here I go," Nico muttered under his breath and shadow traveling away. His last thought was 'Will is going to kill me.'

.....

AN: I really hoped you liked it. It's my first story here. I encourage any feedback any of you may have. Whatever it is I promise to take it into account. Stay safe, everybody!