Handcuffs and Flirting

AN: You people are awesome! Thank you so much for all the supportive comments and the reads. It really makes my day. Anyway, here is the new chapter

.....

After that speech Fudge got out of Nico's cell, not even sparing him a glance or time to explain himself. His brain was clouded with dozens of thoughts trying to make some sort of believable excuse to explain how he was alive.

Maybe he could say that he had drunk some sort of potion to keep him young? No that wouldn't work then they would ask him to show the liquid.

Perhaps he could say that maybe it was his grandpa that he had seen at the orphanage or some relative that just looked like him? That wouldn't make sense either they would ask for proof like birth certificate, his ancestors' papers, and such. Even though he could fake those he didn't have nearly enough time.

And denying an allegation made by the minister didn't seem like a possible way out of it either. Plus, Fudge could just retrieve the memory and show it in a pensive as proof.

In the end, he just decided that he would let Annabeth deal with it. She was a daughter of Athena after all and probably could come up with a plan. Probably.

.....

He groaned annoyed as he felt the magical handcuffs dig into his skin painfully. He had enough energy to shadow travel out of there since Piper managed to sneak him in some ambrosia but whatever the handcuffs that were keeping his hands in place were blocking his powers. Annabeth was at his side walking at his pace while telling Nico what he should and should not do at the trial.

"Don't talk unless I tell you to," she said. "Do not act suspiciously, like looking around to the people in the public or searching for exits. Mask your emotions, do not ever make yourself look angry or annoyed. You have to seem like the epitome of a good little wizard. Understood?"

The Italian merely raised his eyebrow and rolled his eyes. "I'll act like a goody-two-shoes. Relax. And 'mask your emotions', do you really have to tell me that? I was literally trained to do that. For the not looking annoyed part, I don't make any promises though. I literally saved them from Voldemort and now they wanna throw me into jail? What's that about?"

"Yeah, you're right," Annabeth replied with laughing a little. "You should have been thrown a party and everything. Talk about being ungrateful."

"Hey, Annabeth, Nico! Wait up!" A voice said behind them. The two turned around to find a panting Piper running up to them. "I did what you asked, Annabeth. He's good to go."

The blonde nodded at Piper muttering a thank you. "Huh? Who's good to go?"

"I took care of your little problem."

"Fudge?" Nico breathed astonished. "That fast? Did you kill him or something?"

"No!" Annabeth replied looking offended. "That would have been too messy. Although, I won't deny that it passed through my brain. It was a solid Plan C. I just asked people to give Fudge a little message with that magical voice of her. Fudge is now going to pledge in your favor."

"How did I not think of that?" Nico asked himself. "You're awesome, Annabeth."

"Oh, I know."

"Hey!" Piper exclaimed indignantly. "I'm the one with the pretty little voice that made it happen."

"Yeah, but you're a daughter of Aphrodite, no need to inflate your ego," Nico said jokingly knowing that Piper was actually the most humble child of the goddess. She pouted and the other two laughed on their way to the trial that would define whether or not he was going back camp or ending up at a magical prison.

.....

The three demigods sat at the table facing the judges. There were 7 in total, three females and four males. Most were old while the other two stood out maybe being in their early thirties. The only similarity that they shared was the dark cloaks and white-collar that they wore.

Nico tried to accommodate himself in the wooden chair but his hands due to being in the same position for so long were losing their sense of touch and it was making him uncomfortable. Turning his head to the side he noticed that one of the Aurors that were near him to make sure that he didn't do anything suspicious was the one that had given him water earlier.

"Excuse me?" Nico called out catching the Auror's attention and gazing at him with innocence and silently pleading with his eyes. "Could you please loosen up the handcuffs a little? They are quite painful."

"Oh, I d-don't think I can." the guy answered nervously.

"Please? Mister-" he left the word hanging in the air waiting for him to answer

"Noah. You can c-call me, Noah."

"Well, Noah," Nico said lowering his voice when he said his name making it sound sultry. "Please, this really hurts."

The Auror seemed to finally give in and raised his wand whispering a spell under his breath not loud enough for the Italian to listen but he felt the handcuffs loosen slightly. He smiled charmingly at Noah in appreciation while blushing profusely. Once again Nico felt a wisp of guilt giving false hope to this guy but the handcuffs were actually hurting him a lot and even left red marks on his wrist. The decision just laid on some flirting or having magical cuffs dig into his skin.

"Oh my god, stop flirting with a guard!" Annabeth whisper-yelled. "That is not the exemplary image we're trying to create for you."

"Hey, don't blame me," Nico said. "I wasn't going to let these painful handcuffs hurt my wrists any longer. Plus, don't tell me you haven't used flirting to get out of situations."

"Uh, I haven't?" Annabeth replied confused. Nico and Piper looked at her surprised.

"You haven't?" Piper asked shocked.

"You have?!" Annabeth exclaimed astonished. "What about your boyfriends? And don't you have some self-respect?"

"Hey!" Nico said. "It actually helps out a lot."

"Yeah!" Piper defended. "Especially when you're in quests. I don't know if you have noticed but most of us demigods are good-looking. Especially in the eyes of humans since we're the children of gods and goddesses and work out an all."

"Some fluttering of your eyelashes can get you a long way," Nico said seriously. "Sometimes when I'm stuck on a mission and I don't have money it actually helps a lot. So don't go pointing fingers. These beautiful eyes of mine have saved my life multiple times."

"Sorry," Annabeth said. "I didn't mean to offend you."

Piper's eyes softened at seeing that the daughter of Athena was meaning her apology. "It's okay," Piper said. "It's just that sometimes I'm tired of so many people slut-shaming the Aphrodite children so much. I can get a little defensive whenever someone says stuff like that. Even if it's something as little as flirting."

Nico nodded along sensing that Annabeth hadn't actually meant to upset them. She was just a child of Athena and many of them had really bad views of all those who used their looks to get their ways. But as uncomfortable as it may be, by being a demigod you had to do absolutely everything to survive.

A deep booming voice interrupted his thoughts and he faced the front of the room where the judges sat. The one in the center was a stern-looking woman with thick glasses and straight brown hair. She stood up clearly and loudly her voice resonating by a spell she had made making it seem louder.

"The trial has begun!"

.....

AN: Hey, hope you liked it! Please comment and vote so I know that you want me to continue. I wish you all a great day!