Sunshine and Unexpected News

AN: Hey guys! I'm so thankful for all the reads I have, I did not expect to have so many on my first fanfiction and I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

.....

Nico blinked repeatedly to make sure that he was not dreaming or that the teenager he was seeing wasn't an illusion.

"Will?" Nico said astonished but shook his head and asked fiercely. "What are you doing here?!"

"Well, I thought that you would be a bit happier at seeing your boyfriend but okay..." Will said style with a smirk.

Nico waster no time on nearing him and kissing Will but then remembered they were in public (and well he wasn't going to give them a view of the show, at least not without paying).

"Umm... so I suppose this is Will?" A voice asked behind him. He then remembered that seconds ago he was talking to Hermione and that it was rather rude of him to leave her so suddenly. Nico nodded, nonetheless, and she extended her hand. "Hi, I'm Hermione."

Will smiled brightly and took her by surprise pulling her in a hug. He released her after a couple of seconds and introduced himself, "Hey, I'm Will. And if Nico considers you his friend then we are going to get along so well!"

Nico smiled at this. Will had this tendency to always be warm and cheery with new people so that they relax and open up to him. Sure enough, Hermione dropped her guard and her tense shoulders relaxed. In a second Will and Hermione seem to become best friends keeping up so many hand gestures while they were talking that he was sure that they could pass as old friends.

Will had been sorted into Hufflepuff but Dumbledore let him stay at the Gryffindor dorms regardless after being informed that he would not be attending the mission if he could not sleep in the same place as Nico. Dumbledore understood and let him stay there without problem. When he was questioned about this he just shrugged saying that Dumbledore preferred him to sleep with someone he was already familiar with. When the dinner ended the Gryffindors went up to their dorms and Nico took Will's hand so that the blond did not get lost in the crowd.

"And we have arrived!" Harry said beside them. He and Ron had joined them shortly after Will and Hermione bonded. At first, Ron seemed to want to kill Will seeing as he was talking so friendly with Hermione but then relaxed when he realized that he was Nico's boyfriend.

They bid Hermione good night and the boys walked up the stairs to their dormitory. Harry, Ron, and Nico showed Will where the bathroom is and they were surprised to see that a new bed magically appeared. 'Not that he would use it though, Will and I always sleep together to help with my nightmares,' Nico thought. Will appeared to think the same when he gave out a chuckle at an additional bed.

They all changed into their pajamas which were mainly just sweatpants with an old T-shirt (with the exception of Ron which wore a weird wizardry pajama that didn't look all that comfortable). When Ron and Harry fell asleep Will stood up from his bed and whispered in Nico's ear, "May I Slytherin?"

"You did not just say that," Nico groaned obviously not appreciating the joke. Will laughed quietly and joined Nico in bed.

.....

(Meanwhile in Dumbledore's Office)

"You are actually not thinking about this right?" Minerva McGonagall said worriedly. "This can not happen again you remember what happened last time."

"Albus, please listen to Minerva," Snape said in a monotone voice however you could hear his pleading tone underneath, "I do not think this is a wise choice."

"But think about it." Albus Dumbledore said, "Don't you want to know how much this Nico boy is capable of? We haven't been able to see the demigod's race full abilities. Especially a son of Hades."

"I still do not think it is a good decision. Remember what happened with that Hufflepuff" Minerva exclaimed. Snape nodded along to her voice.

"No, I must do it. Then we can see the extent of him and if he might be an addition to the war." Dumbledore said leaving no place for an argument. "I'll announce it tomorrow."

The two professors exchanged stressed glances but said nothing else knowing that it wouldn't convince the headmaster.

.....

The Golden Trio along with Neville, Nico, and Will entered the Great Hall, Nico and his boyfriend hand in hand. He saw Luna in a corner of the room and waved at her, she waved back with a happy smile. "Is that Luna?" Will said incredulously.

"Yes," Nico replied with a small smile on his face. "We'll talk later with her. Let's eat now, Sunshine."

Will blushed, no matter how many times Nico called him different nicknames we would blush loving how the Italian used his voice to address him. They practically glided across the room to the seat at the table with the gracefulness of a demigod. The whole Gryffindor table was chatting cheerfully until Dumbledore spoke, silencing all of the students.

"Good morning to you all!" his voice boomed in the room and a few 'good mornings' were muttered around in greeting. "I have an announcement to make. We understand the implications that this may cause and the dangers but this year everything will be much safer. It has been planned meticulously and I can assure you that everything will be carefully protected and the wellbeings of the students will not be a problem. What I'm trying to say is that we will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament once again!"

Murmurs and whispers passed the room but Nico blocked them out. The only thing that he thought at that moment was, 'Dam'

.....

AN: You can all leave any suggestions or ideas you may have. Please stay safe, everyone! And be king to one another. Have a good day!