Chapter 4: The story of my Life

We dash to the car and  Cassie speeds down the and the tires screech as she swings into a parking spot. The doors slam as we run into the building. We raced past the receptionist who gives us a knowing look. We dive onto the couch where Oakland is sitting, just before Aleshia walks in. She gives us a suspicious look but doesn't say anything about our tardiness. "Where were you two. She had just left to look for you, when you came in." Oakland said with a worried but amused look on his face. "We were at a café" Cassie said, with a mischievous look in her eyes. "You know, you two look a lot alike, you have the same green eyes". We look at each other and laugh. "Alright everyone today I would like each of you to tell everyone some more about your pasts" Aleshia said before looking around the room "Cassie, how about you start today".

Cassie stood up shyly. "Well my dad died from cancer when I was 4, after that my mom had anger issues and depression. When I was 14 my mom got really mad at me and threw an axe at me, luckily it didn't hit me full on and missed the main artery. I had to go to the hospital to have surgery and my mom was arrested and died in jail a few years ago. After that I lived with one of my teachers until I was 18, I have nightmares about it all and a few years ago i got my emotional support dog, Sia, who has helped me a lot." Cassie said with a single tear running down her cheek. Oakland stood up and gave her a hug and she buried her face in his shoulder as she continued to cry. After a moment she pulls away and wipes her face with her sleeve and they sit back down on the sofa, I give Cassie a small hug as she sits down and she gives me a small smile in return. Out of the corner of my eye I see Oakland wrapped his arm around her shoulders, causing me to smile to myself.

Aleshia points to me next, I stand up, feeling nervous. "So, not many people know this well actually only me, my best friend and family do, but i hav- had a twin brother, his name was Andrew" Cassie seemed to perk up at that, I give her a questioning look and continued. " And umm...a couple days after our birthday we were in a car accident. And he died. The ambulance didn't arrive in time, he had put his arm out so that I didn't slam against the car and saved me. After that his best friend, Jacob and I became really close, he was the only person that I would talk about him with. The last thing I have of Andrew is my Doberman, Scarlett, he had given me her on our birthday." When I finished talking I pulled up my sleeve a little to show everyone the small arrow tattoo on the side of my wrist " I got this to match his when I turned 18, to remember him by. I got the scar on my face and one on my arm from the glass" I said, pointing to the small scar on my right eye and the long one on my arm. "Ok everyone that's all the time we have for today, tonight I would like you to look online and find a quote that you can relate to and share it tomorrow". We all nod and everyone slowly starts trickling out the large blue door.

The three of us decide to take soak up the fresh air and sunshine and walk to our hotel, the one they are staying at is just down the road from mine. "So, you guys didn't tell me you were dating." I said casually, with a satisfied smirk forming on my face as they become flustered. "Well ummm y-y-you see ummm" Oakland said, giving Cassie and hopeless look. "Well what about you and this Jacob guy" Cassie retorts, with a satisfied look "It sounds like you're pretty close". Cassie gets a mischievous look and she yanked my phone from my hand "So what's "your password dear friend?' Cassie asks "Its my birthday-51199" "Hey! That's my birthday to." Cassie types it in and unlocks it while jumping around in order to avoid me. "Hmm let's see here. Jacob, Jacob, Jacob" she says in a playful voice while she probably looks for his contact. I'm not too worried since I didn't use his full name in the contact. "Ahha!" she exclaims in triumph "Could it possibly be JAKE!?" she asked and smiled when she saw my eyes widen in panic and shock. "And facetime" she said and presses the screen, causing the phone to start ringing. "Hello?" Jacob's familiar voice said from the phone, sounding confused. Cassie moves the phone so that her face comes into view on the screen "Oh hi Andrew, did you take Asp's phon- WAIT WHAT?!" Jacob exclaims. "Jacob, Cassie. Cassie, Jacob" I call out from behind Cassie. "So you are the infamous Cassie that I've heard all about." Jacob comments. "Yep and I have a quick question for you, is Aspen your girlfriend?" Cassie asks sweetly. "W-what?" Jacob sputters "Umm no I don't think so. Did we start dating and you didn't even bother to tell me" Jacob said pretending to be insulted. "Great thanks Jacob." Cassie said, and hung up the phone. She stepped forward and got a disgusted look on her face "Ewwww" she screeched "I stepped in dog poop". Oakland couldn't contain his laughter as I swiped my phone back from her. Cassie spent the rest of the walk back complaining about her shoe and Oakland couldn't stop laughing. As I was about to walk into the hotel "Aspen, wait why did Jacob call me Andrew?" Cassie questioned. "Remember when we first met and I said you looked like someone I used to know." Cassie nods "I thought you looked just like Andrew... and I still do." I told her. She nods again and seems to be thinking something over as she and Oakland walked away.