Chapter 6: For Me

Jacob grabbed his jacket as we walk out of the hotel room. We had decided to go to the café that I went with Cassie. We walk through the door of the café and the little bell jingles again as the door opens. Jake nearly slams into my back at my sudden halt, over in the corner at our table Cassie and Oakland sit there talking about something. "Hey what's wrong?" Jacob whispers in my ear. I nodded my head in the direction of the table as Jacob stands next to me, "That's Cassie and Oakland" I quietly inform him. I looked down and noticed that his hands are clenched into tight fists as he towers over me, protectively. I look up at him and he is glaring at Cassie, who has now noticed that we're here. She turns away from his angry blue eyes and tells Oakland something causing him to turn around and look at us as well. I squirm under their piercing gazes and turn to face Jacob, "Come on, let's just go I don't want to talk to her right now." I said. He nods and we leave, but not before giving them one last glare.

We just hang out in my hotel room, watching Tv on my bed. I look at the clock at jump out of bed and Jacob gives me a questioning look. "Therapy starts in 5 minutes!!!" I told him as I scramble around the room getting my things. "Would you like me to drive you there?" he offered. I nod gratefully getting distracted by his kind eyes.I snap out of it when he snaps his fingers in my face, "You ready Asp" I quickly nod my head and we run to the parking lot and get in the car. We drive in silence and I find myself staring at him as he drives. We pull into the lot and I ran into the room, I ignore Aspen and sit in an empty couch on the other side of the room. Aleshia gives us a questioning look when she sees me sitting as far away from them as I possibly could.

By the time therapy was over I hadn't said a word or even looked at them since I came in. Jacob walked through the door as I left the therapy room. Jacob walks up to me and wraps his arm around me, glaring at someone with his ice cold blue eyes behind me. It's strange how his eyes can show so much emotion. I turn around in his arms and see that it's Cassie and Oakland that he was glaring at. As they walked towards us he tightens his well built arms around me. "Cassie has something to say" Oakland told me, nudging Cassie towards me. "I'm sorry!" Cassie blurted out. "I just had some things I needed to figure out. Can we go talk some more at the cafe?" Cassie asked, giving me a hopeful look. I think about it for a minute and decide to listen to what she has to say. We all go outside into the parking lot and I go with Jacob in his car, I had told him that he could go back to the hotel but he said he didn't want to leave me alone, which was sweet.

We get out of the car and head into the cafe with Cassie and Oakland. We sit in a booth by the window and i look at Cassie expectantly. "I was upset that you never told me about Andrew but today Oakland helped me realize how stupid I was being about the whole thing. I'm really, really sorry and I hope you can forgive me." Cassie said sincerely. I nod and give her a small smile and catch Jacob staring at me. He quickly looks away and avoids my gaze. I pull my phone out of my pocket when I feel it start to vibrate, I look at it in shock and quickly answer it, intending to find out what she wants.

Hi Mom

Hello Aspen

What do you want

That's no way to talk to your mother

I scoffed after Andrew died, you practically ignored me!

I had lost my son

Yeah and I lost my twin and you had 3 other kids beside him that needed you. Whatever forget it, i'm not arguing about this, why did you call?

Emily is in the hospital, she was hit by a car on her way to work

I dropped my phone in shock. "ASPEN! What's wrong?!" Jacob asked, grabbing me by the shoulders. "E-e-emily was hit by a car and is in the hospital" I inform him, unable to stop thinking about my sweet 19 year old little sister. "Did you say Emily?" Cassie asked, "Yeah why?". She shook her head, "It's nothing, the name just sounds familiar." She replied placing her head on her hands. I shrug it off, Emily is a common name after all. "I umm need to go back and visit her incase-" I said before starting to choke up. Jacob helps me stand up "I'm going to take her back to the hotel room, bye guys." He said as he led me to the car

As soon as we get into the room I break down. "I can't lose her Jake!! I don't want to be alone!" I sobbed as Jacob gave me a hug "You won't lose her, and you will never be alone, I'm not going anywhere" He promised, I weakly nodded my head. "Go get some rest, I'll take care of getting you a plane ticket for tomorrow and pack your things" He said kissing the top of my head. I climb into bed, not bothering to change out of my clothes, and I quickly fall asleep, exhausted from all of today's events.