Chapter 13 : Goodbyes

Chapter 13: Goodbyes

After I left Emily's room I realized I had no clue where Jacob was so I decided to text him since we have to leave for the sending away party for Cassie.

Hey Jacob, where are you?

Visiting hours are over and

we have to go or we're going

to be late for Cassie's Party !

When he still didn't reply after a few minutes I decided to call while I looked around for him, he didn't pick up his phone but after a few minutes I spotted him sleeping in a chair in one of the waiting areas. I smiled slightly to myself, realizing how tired he must be, almost making me feel a little bad for having to wake him up. I walked up to him and started shaking his shoulder to wake him up "Rise and shine Jakie" I said with a bright smile on my face as his eyes started to peak open. "Come on sleeping beauty, we've got to go or we're going to be late for Cassie's going away party". He sat up straight and rubbed his face "Ok I'm ready, let's go" he said as he stood up and I followed him out the exit and to the car

When we reached the parking lot Jake was about to get in the driver's seat but I stopped him "Umm could I drive?" I said slightly nervous, Jacob turned to me and looked a little surprised, "Sure Asp as long as you're comfortable with it." He said moving over to the other side of the car so I could get in the driver's side. I shut the door and took a deep breath to calm my nerves as I ran my hands over the black steering wheel. "Alright" I said softly to myself as we put our seatbelts on and I turned on the engine. I pulled out of the parking lot and started heading towards my apartment, which is where the party is being held. "Asp are you ok?" Jacob suddenly asked, when I glanced over at him I realized he was staring at my hands, I looked at my hands and realized I was clutching the steering wheel so hard, my knuckles had turned white. I relaxed my hands a little so they weren't as tight anymore, "Yeah just nervous I guess" I said, breathing a sigh of relief as I turned into the familiar street where my apartment was. I parked the car and we both got out and headed up. We had a lot of work to do to get ready for Cassie and Oakland's party tonight .

As soon as I opened the door, both of my dogs came running over to greet me and Jacob at the door. I giggled when my doberman Scarlet gave me a big kiss across the face and climbed into my lap. Once they calmed down I looked around my apartment, and we got to work. By the time we were done an hour and a half later, there were flamingo pink and orange balloons and streamers and in the kitchen there was a large homemade cake that was decorated to look like the cafe that the 3 of us went to. I pulled out my phone and texted Oakland, letting him know we were back and asking him to come over with Cassie. About 10 minutes later we heard a knock on the door, Jacob turned off the lights as I went over to let them in. "Hey Cassie, hey Oakland" I said letting them walk in a little further before I signaled Jacob to turn the lights back on. "Surprise!!!" Jacob and I yelled, "Since you have to go back home, we wanted to have a little party for you." I explained and Cassie ran over to me and gave me a hug "Thanks Asp, I love it" I hugged her back and smiled."So do you want to have some cake and watch a movie?" I asked them, laughing at the look on Cassie's face when I mentioned cake. Once everyone got some cake we settled on the sofa in front of the TV and Oakland picked the first movie to watch. Halfway into the second movie I looked over and saw Oakland and Cassie sleeping, Cassie had rested her head on Oakland's shoulder with a smile on her face.

I wake up to the sun shining in my face and I realize that I must've fallen asleep during the movies last night. I sit up and stretch my arms above my head, looking around. Jacob was in the kitchen eating something and Cassie was talking with Oakland by the table and I spotted their bags by the front door. "Oh hey Aspen, you're up, we were just about to wake you up" Oakland said looking over at me. "Are you guys ready to go to the airport?" I asked, turning my phone on to look at the time. Everyone nodded so I stood up and grabbed the keys to Jacob's Jeep from the counter. He gave me a questioning look, "You want to drive again?" He asked, I nodded "Yeah, I think I'm finally getting over it." He gave me a bright smile, "I'm really proud of you Asp." "Thanks Jake, let's go everyone!". We all piled into Jacob's Jeep and I started driving towards the airport. As I drove I began thinking about how much my life has changed since the last time I was going to the airport just a few weeks ago. I had discovered a new sister and best friend and have finally reached some closure about Andrew's death all those years ago. We pulled into the parking lot of the airport and Jacob and I walked with them to the gate. I gave Cassie a big hug "I'm really going to miss you sis" I said, she smiled "so will I, you better call all the time, and let me know what's going on." I smiled and nodded, turning around to say goodbye to Oakland. I gave him a hug too, "Take care of her for me" I said and he nodded as they picked up their bags. Jacob and I watched them walk away until they faded into the hustle and bustle of the busy airport.

The End!

I hope you enjoyed this book maybe one day you will see it in stores!

E&C Books wishes you farewell for now.