The Killing Game

16 students, one a traitor, all put into a sick, twisted killing game of hope and despair. Memories were erased so it seemed like they were all strangers. No one had any idea of what was going on, but they all had that awful gut feeling.
That feeling to run.
That feeling to hide.
But they couldn't, they were restrained like a bird in a cage.

-the beginning-

The killing game started a few days ago, and thankfully there were no reported deaths as of now. I should probably introduce myself, I am Shuichi Saihara, The Ultimate Detective.
I was thrown into a killing game along with 15 others. We were introduced to a few bear-like machines. They called themselves the Monokubs, the hosts of the killing game along with a mastermind among the students.
It's been a crazy few days, with no memory of the past. It's the same case with all the other students. The idea of a killing game haven't sunken in yet, perhaps it was because no one truly died yet.

I was deep in thought, mindlessly heading towards the cafeteria. We were stuck in a school. There was no exit, not even outside. I finally reached the cafeteria and found some other students who made it there before me.
I knew them as Kaede Akamatsu, Kirumi Tojo, Rantaro Amami, Kaito Momota, and Gonta Gokuhara.
Kirumi, the Ultimate Maid, was serving breakfast for everyone. The rest of the students were sitting down, eating fairly normally.
I soon decided to grab some food myself as I really needed it.
"Heellloo everyone!" A voice echoed throughout the cafeteria making everyone look towards the door. Kokichi Ouma, The Ultimate Supreme Leader, stood there proudly. He waltzed up and grabbed some food along with Shuichi.

"How are ya, mister detective?" Ouma questioned without looking Shuichi in the eyes.
"Alright I guess, what about you.. Ouma?"
Ouma's eyes lit up
"You remember my name! How sweet!"
I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed as if he said it in a teasing manner.
"I'm doing great now that I get to see you!"
I eye Ouma suspiciously, we haven't even known each other for very long.
I go to sit by Kaede, but it seems as if Ouma is pulling me into the direction of an empty table. I obliged and followed him, not wanting to create a ruckus this early.

We both sit down at the table and start to slowly eat. More students file into the cafeteria and fill the tables. It almost seemed as if they were avoiding the table me and Ouma were sitting at..
"So mister detective, are you good at what you do? Can you easily tell the difference from a truth and lie?"
Ouma seemed genuinely interested.
"I'm not too good, but I can mostly tell truth from lie."
I tried not to explain too much, as I still couldn't trust anyone here. This was a 'killing game' after all.

A booming voice was heard over all the chat in the cafeteria. The speakers spoke,
"Heelllooo everyone! I have an important announcement to make! Meet up in the gym in 5 minutes!" None other that Monokuma.

I sighed as a stood up, as well as all the other students. This bear was trying to get us to kill each other, but with the way it looks, it's not going to happen anytime soon.
We all head to the gym for an announcement.

---------