Chapter 3

Her whole body kept sweating more and more with each step she took. Her breaths were heavy and she could barely focus on anything but the fact that it was her first day as a photographer for a movie. And what movie, if not one staring Hugh Jackman and Uma Thurman. The cherry on top was Mads Mikkelsen being one of the producers; she could barely sleep, knowing she was going to be around him for such a long time.

''Welcome to your first official day on the set'' Diane interrupted Amelie's thoughts as she greeted her with a friendly hug. ''Let's introduce you to Chris'' she smiled as she grabbed Amelie's hand and led the way.

''My palms are producing literal waterfalls and you dare to hold my hand'' Amelie made a disgusted face, making Diane laugh out loud, catching the attention of a few people around.

''Let's see, where is he? He was here 3 minutes ago, man'' Diane looked around for the director's face, and when she finally saw him in one of the tents, her face lighted up. ''There he is'' she said loudly, causing him to aim his attention towards her. Amelie looked in the direction her co-worker pointed only to see Christopher Nolan next to Mads Mikkelsen. Mads Mikkelsen. Finally arriving in front of the two intimidating men, Amelie thought her legs would give up on her as she looked up to meet Mads' eyes.

''Ah, yes, wonderful! You must be our new photographer'' Christopher said with a large smile on his face. Amelie nodded. ''I'm Christopher but you can call me Chris. I'll be running around and shouting a lot, but don't mind me''.

''I'm Amelie, such a pleasure to meet you, sir'' Amelie said, trying hard to keep it together. It was amazing to be meeting the director of the movie, but the way she was feeling in that moment was caused by the man next to Chris. Mads kept looking at her, a smirk on his face, as if he knew something she didn't. 

''Please, don't sir me. We're going to be friends, everyone here is friends with each other. Friends don't sir and madam each other'' he simply smiled. The girl just nodded once again. 

''And of course, Amelie, this is Mads Mikkelsen'' Diane said as she looked at the handsome actor.

''I know'' Amelie spoke, but regretted it immediately. ''I mean, yeah. I'm Amelie'' damn it, did she really have to come off as such a nervous, blushing little girl?! ''Nice to meet you'' she continued, admiring the beauty, confidence and kindness he exhilarated. He only wore a plain black t-shirt even though it was quite cold outside, a few strands of hair fallen on his eyes.

Mads chuckled. ''I remember you'' he spoke, voice velvety. Amelie froze. He did? ''You're a very good dancer'' he smirked, Amelie's heart beating so fast inside her chest she thought it'd explode. He remembered her. It had been weeks since then and he remembered her.

''You two know each other?'' Chris asked raising an eyebrow.

''No, not personally'' Mads responded as he kept his eyes on Amelie, whose legs were jelly by now. ''Nice to meet you, Amelie'' her name sounded so good between his lips, too good. ''Welcome, you're going to love it here''.

''Thank you, I'm sure I will'' she gave him the best smile

''Thank you, I'm sure I will'' she gave him the best smile. It was an honor to meet him, such a brilliant actor.

''You got it from here, right?'' Diane nudged Amelie with her elbow.

''I do'' Amelie answered as she felt her confidence slowly coming back to normal. ''Thank you for being patient with me, and for introducing me to these gentlemen'' she looked at the two older men in front of her. If it wasn't for Diane if would probably have taken her a long time before approaching them by herself, although she worked there.

''It was nice to meet you, Amelie, but I got to go now, there's a lot to do since we start filming today'' Chris said as he waved goodbye and left, Diane right behind him, leaving Amelie and Mads alone.

There was a short moment of silence between them, and while Amelie felt awkward because she didn't know what to say, Mads smiled. She had a very small mole on her left cheek, right under the eye. Her hair was quite long and light brown, eyes so green he could get lost in them.

"So, I heard you're producing this movie" she finally broke the silence.

"You've heard right. It's the first movie I produce so it's quite exciting" he looked her in the eyes as he spoke.

"I bet it is. It's exciting for me to be here too, it being my first time on a movie set" she looked up at the taller man in front of her. It was still unbelievable how she was standing in front of one of the most amazing actors out there. 

"Oh?'' his eyes widened. ''Is this your first job on a movie set?" he asked curiously. Amelie appreciated that he tried to sound and look interested. 

"Yes, got my degree at University of Arizona about half a year ago" she said proudly.

"You're from Arizona?" he seemed surprised.

"Yup, Tucson. Moved to Toronto a month ago".

"Do you have family here?" he kept asking questions and at this point Amelie started thinking that maybe he was genuinely interested and wasn't just acting. 

"I don't know anyone here. My best friend, Alexa, and I planned moving here ever since second year of uni. We decided that we needed something new, and with a degree in photography and enough money in our pockets from all our summer jobs, we took the big step".

"You're a brave soul, aren't you? That's great. So what do you love most about lovely Toronto?" he brushed his hair with his fingers and closed his eyes as he did so, making the girl almost gasp at the beauty he radiated. 

"I have to be honest and say that I haven't really had the time to see the whole city" her cheeks blushed a little bit. "I want to, though I don't know where to start".

"I can show you" he said shortly. He could? "I know this city well enough to walk it with my eyes closed".

Amelie had to pinch herself to make sure it wasn't a dream. Mads Mikkelsen had just offered to show her the city, which meant they had to meet outside work. 

Yes please.