Chapter 6

It had been two weeks since Amelie got the job. Two weeks - enough time for her to realize that it was one of the best jobs one could ever have, to realize that she wanted to do that for the rest of her life. Her co-workers - now friends, were sweet and kind and so extremely funny. There wasn't a day they didn't laugh to tears. Being so far away form her actual home and family, her co-workers made her feel welcome, it made her feel like she was home. 

''What are you listening to?'' Mads asked as he took a seat next to Amelie. It was lunch break and they had just eaten. 

''L.A. Guns. Wanna listen?'' the young girl answered as she took out one of the earphones and handed it to Mads. 

''Ah, the good stuff'' he moved his head to the rhythm of the music. ''Have you taken any good  photos for advertising today?'' he asked as he looked at the digital camera Amelie had on her lap. 

''Actually, yes. I'm really happy with a few during today's fight scene'' she smiled. 

''Can I see?''. 

''Sure'' she turned on her camera and flicked through the photos. Suddenly there was a close-up picture of Mads smiling, sun lighting up his left half of the face. It was a beautiful, aesthetic picture, on that was definitely not meant to advertise the movie because Mads was not even playing in it. Amelie had forgotten about that particular picture. Her blush seared through her cheeks, making her think that they might have caught fire. What was Mads thinking in that moment of silence? Did he think badly of her? 

''That's really artistic'' he finally spoke. 

''I...yes, I guess. Portraits are my specialty'' she smiled shyly. ''I can delete this if you want, I suppose you think it's weird'' she felt awkward. At the same time she wanted to tell him that she loved to take pictures of what she found beautiful. He was so very beautiful. 

''No, no, no. Of course I don't want you to delete it. It's nice to know someone takes pictures of everything behind the scenes. These pictures are memories, don't delete anything'' he smiled at her to make her feel less uncomfortable. He didn't find the situation awkward at all. In fact, he thought it was nice that out of all the people on set, she took such pictures only of him. 

''Alright then, I won't'' she felt much better. 

Suddenly, Mads' phone rang. 

''Hello, mother'' he smiled. ''I'm alright, how are you? If it isn't an emergency, can I call you later when I get home? I'm with someone right now'' he said. What? There was only Mads and Amelie left in the lunch area. Did he just prioritize Amelie over his own mother? ''Ja, mor, det er en pige og ja, hun er sød'' he suddenly jumped over to Danish, making the girl next to him smile to herself. It was the first time Amelie heard him speak his mother tongue and fuck, did it sound good when he did it. However, the biggest reason to her smile was the fact that he just told his mother that he was with a cute girl. ''I'll call you later. I love you too. Goodbye'' he ended the call as he shook his head, his cheeks beginning to blush softly. 

''Mothers, gotta love them'' Amelie said. 

''She's wonderful, but when she calls we talk a lot, so I'll just call her later because we've got no time now and I'm not alone''. He was so charming and respectful. He didn't want to talk on the phone while he was with someone else. 

Amelie was in awe every time she was with Mads. Seeing him and talking to him every single day at work, her admiration for him grew bigger and bigger; it was an honor for her to be on the same movie set with Mads Mikkelsen. He was charming and sweet, and oh, he was so confident, but not in a ridiculous, egoistic way; it was more in the way that he always knew what he was doing, which made him so attractive in Amelie's eyes.  

''So, I'm the cute girl?'' she said with a smirk. It sounded flirty, but maybe...just maybe she wanted to flirt with him. Mads just froze, his eyes widening, cheeks becoming an even deeper red. It was the first time she saw Mads Mikkelsen blush; it was cute. 

''You speak Danish?'' he looked at her and then down at his hands. 

''Swedish. My dad is from Sweden and I speak Swedish with him and English with my mother'' she told him. ''It's easy to understand Danish''. 

''Oh, I see'' he smiled nervously. ''Let's get back to work, shall we?'' he asked, changing the subject. 

''Enough laziness for today'' Amelie got up and right when she turned around, her whole body froze. ''No. No fucking way'' she yelled, eyes widening, smile already as big as ever. In front of her was Christopher, her and Alexa's childhood friend that they hadn't seen in years. Next to him was Alexa, who had just yelled ''surprise'' loud enough for the whole country to hear. 

''Missed me?'' Chris approached Amelie with arms wide open. She took two big steps towards him and hugged him tightly. 

''Oh Chris, I missed you so much. What are you doing here? How? What exactly is happening?'' Amelie asked, shocked and confused. 

''You know I'm traveling the world right now and since I was in Toronto I decided to call Alexa, to help me surprise you'' he smiled, one of his arms still around her shoulders. 

''I was as shocked as you. We've been planning this for two days now. I had to steal Mads' phone number from your phone to ask for a little bit of help'' Alexa explained, making Amelie direct her eyes to Mads. 

''You knew about this?'' Amelie asked Mads who had a content smile on his face. The girl was happy, the surprise was successful. 

''Yup'' he responded quickly. 

''Oh, thank you so much'' she ran to Mads to hug him. It was the first time they hugged, and their bodies being close like that sent electricity through Amelie. It was like no other hug. Of course, it had to do with him; Mads made the hug special, wonderful, somehow intoxicating. The way his arms held her tightly against him made her never want to let go. His scent tickled her nose, a mix of cigarettes and expensive cologne suddenly becoming her favorite scent in the world. 

''Happy to help, darling'' he looked down at her and smiled his best smile. Darling. There was no doubt that Amelie's stomach was being invaded by a million butterflies right at that moment. There was no doubt that Mads was a man who turned her legs to jelly, her stomach into a house for butterflies and her heart into a loud, fast drum. There was no doubt that he made her forget about everything and everyone around her, because for as long as the hug lasted, she forgot about her childhood friend being there.