Chapter 9

Going back to the bar, Amelie ordered a drink and sat thinking about earlier. She didn't feel anything when Chris kissed her. She loved him as a friend, but there were no feelings beyond that left in her heart; those times were over. There was a man now, a charming, mysterious and wonderful man that had her heart without knowing it. Amelie knew by now that she was hopelessly in love with a man twice her age, something she probably couldn't do anything about. 

''There you are'' Alexa jumped from behind, scaring the life out of Amelie. ''Let's dance'' she grabbed Amelie's hand and dragged her to the dance floor where many at the party already were. 

''Where's Chris?'' she wondered after realizing that he hadn't come inside. ''And how about Ryan?''.

''Ryan had to leave, but he has my number'' she smirked contently. ''Chris is having a smoke outside, he's joining us soon'' the two were now moving to the beat of the music. ''He told me about earlier. I hope you're alright''.

''I'm fine. I just wish it was someone else...you know'' Amelie rolled her eyes at herself for acting like that. ''Ah, fuck it. I can't just let everything affect me'' she said before emptying the glass in her hand and placing it on a brick a waiter held as he passed by.

''I think you should dance with Mads'' Alexa lifted her eyebrows up and down.

''I don't even know where he is''.

''If you turn around slowly, you'll see that he's already looking at you''. Amelie's eyes widened when she heard those words, so she turned around to the rhythm of the music only to lock eyes with Mads. He was sitting at a table, a glass of wine in his hand, smiling softly as he kept eye contact with Amelie. He was indeed Denmark's finest export. 

The young girl continued dancing, hips swaying elegantly, eyes on his. She was alluring and ferocious; she was beauty and when she looked back at him, his smile came naturally, it was uncontrollable. When she locked eyes with anyone, she felt like sunshine on a dark, winter's day.

The young girl approached him and leaned down, hands on the table in front of him.

''Hello, princess'' he said before she could do anything. Fuck, that word drove her crazy when it came out of his mouth. Princess.

''Hello, Mads. I know I promised to have another drink with you, but how about another dance first?'' her mouth was close to his ear, making him tighten his grasp on the glass he held.

''How about your boyfriend?'' he asked. Suddenly, Amelie straightened herself up and looked at him with a serious face, remembering that Mads saw the kiss.

''He is not my boyfriend and never will be'' she said immediately. Mads just nodded his head and got up, following Amelie to the middle of the room.

As a Latin pop song started, Amelie moved elegantly as she kept eye contact with Mads, who seemed to be absorbed by her. Suddenly, he placed his hand on the small of her back and brought her close to him, her body smashing against his. His warm palm against the naked skin of her back sent shivers down her spine and left a burning sensation on that spot. It felt like his touch could do wonders, like all the happiness in the world was within Amelie.

They were dangerously close, no air, no space in between them. Mads' brown eyes bore into Amelie's, making her feel extreme attraction to him; she craved him, lusted for him. If eyes could speak, Mads would know by now that she was in love with him, that she wanted him. 

"You're such a good dancer".

"You too, sir" she smiled sensually, the alcohol in her giving her the courage to flirt.

Mads looked at her lips for a long time before looking her in the eyes again. "You make it so hard, Amelie". There were so many emotions in his eyes; lust, admiration, sadness. Why? What did every emotion mean?

"I make it hard to what?".

He shook his head slowly and continued dancing, acting like a question was never asked.

"Du er smuk" he said before caressing her cheek gently. "Come have a drink with me". He grabbed her hand again, just like that one time at work, and led her to the bar. Her mind kept racing with thoughts and questions; he had just told her she is beautiful and she couldn't stop thinking about it. 

''What's your poison?''. 

''How about we do shots? Are you into that?''. 

''Let's do it'' he smirked before ordering two rows of lemon drops.

''These shots and then I think it's time to go home. It's late and people are already starting to leave''. 

*

Mads called a taxi for the four of them. He would take the same one, since his place was in the same direction. He sat back with Amelie and Alexa while Chris sat in the front. Amelie's leg touched his during the whole ride, making the girl wonder if she should invite him in when they arrived. No, nothing would happen, she thought. He didn't see her that way anyway, did he? 

When the taxi took a stop in front of Amelie and Alexa's place, Mads got out to say his goodbyes. 

''I'll see you at work on Monday'' Amelie said, though she didn't want to say goodbye. Although she'd see Mads again in less than two days, she still wanted to spend more time with him. 

''Monday it is'' he smiled. 

''Unles you...uhm, want to come in? To...have a glass o-of water, I guess. Tea? I know it's late though'' she stuttered and her cheeks became red when she realized that she spoke before thinking it through. 

''I...I think I'll head home, if that's alright. It's quite late''.  

Amelie looked down in a moment of silence that seemed to last forever. ''Alright. Goodnight'' she smiled before looking him in the eyes one last time that night. 

''Goodnight, Amelie'' his velvety voice was melody to her ears and she made sure to take the sound of it with her to bed. 

Back in the taxi, Mads went for the pocket of his jacket to grab his phone when he felt something else in it. Taking it out, he realized it was the photograph Amelie took of him and her. On the small, white portion below the actual picture was her hand style and four words. ''From Amelie, with love''. 

''Can you please turn around?'' he asked the driver suddenly. ''Please, I need you to go back to where we left the other three passengers''. Mads didn't really know what was in his mind at that moment, but he knew he was already on his way back to Amelie. 

Rushing out of the car, he entered the apartment building and searched for her name on every door, until he found it. Knocking on it, he realized he didn't know what to say or why he was there. 

The young girl's eyes widened when she opened the door to see the actor in front of her. 

''Hello again, Amelie''.