Chapter 4

It was 7 pm and everyone on set seemed ready to go home. It had been a good first day at work for Amelie, who took photos and enjoyed seeing the process of a movie in the making. Now and then, she and Mads would make eye contact because she couldn't help looking at him. Every time their eyes met, butterflies would tickle her belly. There was something about his slightly mysterious aura that fascinated her; something in his eyes that made her want to explore him, discover him.

On her way out, right as she was about to call a taxi, she heard Mads' voice. ''Amelie'' he called. She didn't know if she would ever be able to get over how alike a beautiful of a melody her name sounded when he said it. Turning around, the corners of her mouth curved up into a smile as she saw him coming towards her. ''Are you heading home?'' he asked.

''Yes'' she answered shortly. ''Are you?''.

''I don't know. Are you tired?''.

''No, not really. My first day went so well that I feel more pumped than tired''. The wind blew a few hair strands against her soft lips and he couldn't help but look at them.

''Then let's make this the evening you begin to get to know Toronto'' he gave in to a half-smile, one that Amelie couldn't stop staring at.

''Yeah? You'd do that?'' she bit her lip in nervousness. Mads wanted to spend his Monday evening showing her the city...talk about butterflies and fast heartbeats.

''Of course. I've got no plans today'' he started walking towards one of the fancy cars in the parking lot. ''Jump in, Amelie'' he opened the passenger door for her. She hopped in, taking in the smell of leather, and made herself comfortable. She really was about to head somewhere with Mads Mikkelsen. They had just met, they didn't know anything about each other, yet Amelie trusted him with her everything.

''Where to?'' she asked excitedly.

''First off, to do something about that grumbling belly of yours'' he made Amelie blush; it was true, she was starving and her stomach was making monstrous sounds.

''Oh no, I didn't know it was so loud'' she covered her face with her hands in mild embarrassment. ''Honestly, I'm starving''.

''Me too. What would you like to eat?'' he asked as he started the engine and backed the car out of its parking spot.

''Anything greasy. I could eat an entire truck of fries or something'' she admitted and he laughed. Amelie looked at him as his lips formed a lovely smile, showing his fangs, his eyes joyous. It was a normal laugh, and although she had heard many men's laugh before, his was the most pleasant to the ear.

It was only after one minute of admiring his face that she realized his lips were moving. ''Amelie?'' he looked at her quickly before looking at the road again. ''Are you alright?''.

''Yes, sorry. I was just thinking about food'' she lied. Why would she admit that she was looking at his beautiful face, thinking about how she wanted to look at it every single moment of every day.

Outside, the sun was just setting, making the snow on the road look like glitter. Everything felt surreal. Not because of the snow and how superb it looked caressed by the last rays of sun, no. Everything felt surreal and extra beautiful because Mads Mikkelsen was to her left, driving her somewhere she had no idea. It gave her a powerful thrill, as if anything was possible.

They arrived downtown where Mads parked in front of a place called The Burger's Priest.

''Oh my god, yes. You have to tell me what their best stuff are'' Amelie said excitedly as they entered the small fast food place.

''I'll get you what I always get. It's a big burger, filled with cheese and lots of pickles. Their fries are amazing'' he said as Amelie nodded. It sounded amazing, and the smell inside was insane, making her stomach hurt from hunger.

''I'll go save a seat'' she said as she turned around and went to the only free table at the back.

Half an hour later they were full and barely able to move, stomachs pleased with all the food they received. To Amelie, it all still felt like a dream. She had just sat and ate together with Mads Mikkelsen, just the two of them. Although she wished it was a date, she didn't really see it as one, but it was still something she'd remember for the rest of her days.

''Ready to go?'' he smiled at her for the hundredth time that day and with each smile her butterflies grew stronger.

''As ready as I can be. It might just take longer to get to the car, I'm having a huge food baby right now'' she said, making him laugh softly at her silliness. ''Where are you taking me?''.

''To one of my favorite places ever. Come on'' he opened the door for her once again.

Ten minutes later they arrived. ''Welcome to Polson Pier'' Mads said as he reached out his hand for Amelie to grab as she got out of the car. His warm touch on her cold hand sent warmth throughout her whole body. Such a simple touch was so electrifying.

Looking up, Amelie gasped at the sight in front of her. At the other side of the lake was Toronto's skyline, a collection of big and small soft lights glowing in the night. The sky lacked clouds, the moonlight and the twinkle of infinite stars adding to the dazzling beauty of what was in front of her. The buildings stood tall and met the sky, it all mirroring in the still water below.

''Breathtaking'' she finally managed to speak, but received no answer. When Mads didn't respond, she looked at him only to see that he was looking at her, making her wonder if he had been looking at her the whole time.

''Beautiful'' he said before looking into the distance at the view in front of him. God, she wished it was her he complimented like that. ''I come here sometimes when I need to reflect on things. I sit on the trunk of my car, smoke and look at the beauty of this city'' he smiled gently.

''I might just do that myself'' Amelie answered. There was no doubt that Toronto's skyline, the view of the water and the silence in the area would be the perfect solution to a stressful day.

Amelie looked at Mads placing a cigarette between his full lips, and although she hated smoking, she didn't hate it when he smoked. The way he blew out the smoke up into the air and the way he closed his eyes every time he did so gave her vertigo. There was no one out in the world that made smoking look so elegant and extremely beautiful.

''Tell me, Amelie, do you like ice-cream?''.

''Oh, you bet I do. Ice cream is heaven on earth''.

''Perfect. Tomorrow I'm taking you to heaven''.