I Kill to Not Be Alone

(Second Oneshot for today! Everything is the same, rules for this AU in the picture at the top. I hope you enjoy the reupload of I Kill to Not Be Alone.)

(Demise AU thingy, requested by JustNotBothered)

Ren's POV
It was really lonely in my crypt. Sure, Stress died recently but she was hiding out in an iceberg so when she gets thawed out, she will be alive and colorful again. It is so lonely here and it's awful. The smell of death fills the air and is pretty suffocating. I can't touch anyone, I am just alone in my own world for now, the only way I could get human contact is if somebody were to- wait... that's not too bad of an idea. I just need to come up with a trap now...

/timeskip/

Almost there... I watched as Xisuma drifted around the course and made it to the finish line, getting stuck where I knew he would. I watched his panicked face as he fell into the water underneath and TNT exploded in his face. I felt guilty as I watched him die by my own hands. It will take a day to respawn again. Once the TNT stops, I reach into the hole, pulling Xisuma's corpse up, now able to touch him. His cold and wet body is still but I can't help but enjoy hugging him to me. My reaper outfit is getting all wet but I don't mind. I smile down at him as I walk him to the graveyard, wanting to walk instead of fly to relish the moment instead of waste it.

/timeskip/

Xisuma soon woke up and went back to admin duty, leaving me once again alone and in need of touch. I was getting antsy waiting for somebody to die or just to kill somebody myself. I smirked when I saw the message in chat about Jevin experiencing kinetic energy. I quickly shot into the air, looking everywhere for where he landed. I spotted his quickly graying corpse next to Mumbo's evil island base, picking him up and yet again enjoying the feeling of somebody else. It was comforting to me, I felt like somebody else was there.

3rd Person POV

Everyone was starting to think that Ren was going insane from demise. The dead felt chills go up their spines when they woke up in the cemetery with Ren staring down at them with cold lifeless eyes. The alive found it unnerving the way he stared at them or followed from a distance. It was creepy the way he enjoyed hugging the corpses of his dead friends to him once he either killed them or found them rotting. It sent chills down everyone's spines watching him. The first person to catch him in the act was Xisuma and he was freaked out, instantly calling a meeting with the other Hermits. Sure, nobody really trusted Xisuma since he was dead but they had to in order to stay safe from Ren. The demised Hermits ran off and hid when they first were dead and the alive Hermits were terrified of being alone, nobody was safe from the touch needing Hermit.

Nobody understood why Ren did it though. They just thought him staying in the graveyard was bad for his mental health. Sure it was but they were considering locking him in a room. That would do quite the opposite actually since he wanted- no, needed the contact of others. One by one, Ren claimed the souls of his friends, always carrying them to the graveyard and watching as they slept.

"Why do you do this?" Xisuma asked one day after he followed Ren back to the graveyard where the dead hybrid watched as Keralis slept from his recent demise. Ren turned to face Xisuma, a craized grin spreading across his face.

"I kill to not be alone."