Chapter 1: Home

This is my new story, hope you enjoy it because I'm enjoying writing it! Tw: There will be self-harm, suicide, abuse, assault, rape and eating disorders in this fan fiction so if that triggers you then don't read any further. Prepare for a slow burn ❤️ I will be uploading hopefully every Sunday. Love y'all, thanks for reading

Gellert POV:

I aparated onto the busy streets as swiftly as I could and was immediately thrown into the scene. People rushed around in the afternoon market haze with their bags of food, clutching their coats tightly to them in the biting cold. Ladies holding onto their hats and gentlemen escorting them under an umbrella. Rain lightly pattered on the pavement as cars drove past, everyone desperate to get to where ever they were going. As was I.

It had been months since I had last seen my aunt and I was rather looking forward to it. I managed to navigate the familiar route just fine as I had walked it so many times that it was engraved into my brain down to every last tree. It was a bleak winters day so it was quite gloomy compared to the bright summers I remember having here. Summer, that's right, that's when I was here last. Of course, a lot has changed since then, so my aunt has told me in her letters.

I turned the corner to see the very recognisable street of houses that were lined up in a row. My pace quickened. I could see my aunt's house from here which made me very thankful as the rain was getting a little more heavy and I hadn't the mind to bring myself a hat. I should have expected it, it's typical British weather, I knew that for sure.

Then I stood before it, my aunt's house among very similar looking houses. All made with grey cobblestone with a dark colour scheme to them, three floors and a very high class appearance. Each of them had a set of steps, protected with black bars that had spiked ends, leading up to the doors.

Picking up my suitcase, I walked up the steps towards the very large house of my aunt. Number 99, Maple house, Grove street. I knocked on the slick, black door with the door knocker and waited for it to be answered. Sure enough, after a few seconds, my aunt opened the door with a smile and a loving welcome.

She was a small lady, her greyed hair twisted and pinned up with a silver hair comb slide that had incrusted jewels and patterns to add a level of flair. My aunt was dressed in a white blouse without a crease in sight and a long, black skirt held up by a brown, leather belt. The look was completed by her bright green eyes that scrunched up in her warm smile.

'Gellert! Come here,' she insisted, wrapping her arms around me into a hug. I accepted it, patting her back before pulling away, she cupped my face in her hands, 'My, what a handsome young man you have become my boy!'

'Vhy thank you Tante,' I grinned, 'It's so good to see you again,'

'And you, do come in,' she invited, stepping away from the door so I could bring in my case, 'Take that up to your room and then come back down here so you can tell me all about what you've been doing abroad,' she instructed, walking off towards the drawing room.

I did as she said and carried my case to my room on the second floor. It had turquoise walls and a dark, wooden floor with a bookshelf in the corner next to my bed that had fresh white sheets on it. Light filtered in through the window in between the bed and bookshelf which made it bright and welcoming to me. Near the door was a desk for my work with a lamp and a collection of notebooks I had left here.

Putting my case at the end of my bed, I began unpacking. I filled the dresser at the end of my room with my clothes I had brought, the drawers of the desk with more notebooks and the bookshelves with many more readings I hoped to divulge in. After I was satisfied with everything, I came back down the stairs to the drawing room where my aunt had laid out a cup of tea whilst holding one herself in a dainty china cup.