Chapter 9: Progression

Gellert POV:

The next day, I couldn't get what happened between me and Albus out of my head. Did anything actually happen? It's not like we actually kissed. Perhaps it was my imagination, what I wanted to perceive it as. It was probably just me.

I pondered over going to see him during the day, it was something that usually I would be very enthusiastic doing but-given the circumstances-I felt rather hesitant to do so. What was this feeling called.....nervousness? I don't think I've ever felt this in my life...or whatever I'm feeling towards Albus. If I actually feel anything, I'm probably just excited about finding more information about him. That's probably it.

Instead, I decided to make more progress with Aberforth.

As soon as I heard a door outside my own room open, I was up off my chair and out into the corridor quickly but subtly so. Aberforth was restocking the books as he usually does when I walked over to converse with him.

'Good morning,' I greeted politely.

He seemed startled but replied, 'Good morning,'

After that, I couldn't really think of anything else to say so decided to bring up the first thought that came to my head, 'Is your sister vell?'

'As well as she can be,' Aberforth grumbled, quickly grimacing as if he really shouldn't have said that.

'Vell enough to attend dinner?' I asked hopefully.

He thought on it, 'Maybe...'

That answer pleasantly satisfied me, 'I look forward to meeting her,'

Aberforth sighed, 'You mustn't speak to her for the first three times upon meeting her, after that you may introduce yourself at the fourth and leave silence for the fifth. At the sixth and onward you may make general comments that she shouldn't have to reply to, she will not speak. Understand?'

I tried to absorb every word he said but I was so overwhelmed I was taken aback, 'Understood,' I managed to reply.

He nodded, turning on his heel and leaving before my brain could snap into it to say something else. Great, so much for catching up with Aberforth. Still, it was better than nothing.

Not having much else to do, I looked up at the stairs. Why was I being so abnormal? I should just go speak to Albus. Having said that, I couldn't get past the first step on the stairs. It was as if a boulder had been strapped to my back so I couldn't walk.

In the end, I decided against it, going back to my room to rest from all this chaos...and by rest I mean think about almost kissing Albus yesterday. Wait, no, thats not what happened.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

After much contemplation, it was finally time for dinner. But for some strange reason, I couldn't move myself from my bed. I'd been lead there the entire day, pondering over everything...ok so maybe it was just about Albus but still, big topic. Even so, I felt physically tied to my warm, familiar spot curled up in the soft duvet, letting my mind drift. There was just so much to think about.

Too much.

I waited for a few more minutes until I finally dragged myself up and out the door, anxiousness caught in my throat as I held my breath, nervous to see him.

When I got to the room, I made sure my eyes didn't catch him as I saw him from out the corner of my eye instead. I took my place beside Tante who seemed very shocked at my arrival.