Chapter 8: Yes

Gellert POV:

It had been 2 weeks now since I'd first arrived here and I hadn't found anything new at all. The contents of my journal from all 13 nights were as follows:

The Dumbledore Family

The three of them were beggars who were given a home by my aunt 6 months ago. Whether they have family or not is unknown and why they had to beg is also unknown. Keep to themselves, are definitely hiding something.

Their parents died. They were hurt and are still troubled by what a man did, how and why are unknown.

Albus Dumbledore

Skips meals, locks himself in his room all day. Very clever so I'm told. Is a total mystery.

Likes the tale of the three brothers, used to like the outdoors but now doesn't for unknown reasons. Enjoys all books if they're interesting. Tried to end his life last night and has done so before, Tante doesn't know.

Very awkward and nervous, stammers and can't hold eye contact. Cuts his wrist.

Hasn't been outside in a long time, it makes him extremely uncomfortable and only able to move with coercion. Weirdly ate breakfast and a lot of it.

Aberforth Dumbledore

Always polite, is the most present of the three as of now. Looks after sister, leads the three. In a rush to avoid me and my aunt. I'm pretty sure he's only hiding the same things his siblings have to hide, I'll need to get to Albus to discover anything.

Ariana Dumbledore

Is very ill, hasn't spoken to my aunt the whole time she's been here. Doesn't like meeting new people but enjoys reading.

From secondary sources, she is apparently very away, more distant than Albus and is described as appearing dead. Still not at dinner after three days.

Still no appearance at 2 weeks.

I looked over my notes, trying to fit something together. But it was no use. It was like trying to solve a puzzle with half the pieces missing. I had a few goals for the rest of my time here: finally talk to Ariana as I regret not taking the opportunity when I saw that glimpse of her...or what I thought was her, I'll never really know; befriend Aberforth a little more-that will be extremely difficult-and also I need to get much closer to Albus, he's letting me in some what now but I need to know more. Something tells me all the Dumbledores are going to be hard to crack.

I had to choose one and that one is obviously going to be Albus, I've already made so much progress with him it would be stupid to stop now. I can deal with the others later or during.

Closing the book, I hid it in my drawer before leaving my room to go to dinner. On my way however, I heard voices so ducked behind a corner to listen in just as I did many nights ago. It was, again, Aberforth and Albus.

'What on earth are you doing!' Aberforth whisper yelled, 'You could have been seen you fool!'

'He's not out there anymore,' Albus replied.

'You don't know that!' Aberforth argued, 'What if he is? All of this can be taken from us, just like before,'

'Please shut up,' Albus sighed, 'I can't think about that, you wanted me to move on so I am,'