Chapter 5: Have you been kissed?

I'm sorry I forgot again, I'm so bad at remembering now adays. Hope you enjoy this chapter ❤️

Gellert POV:

The next few days were quite uneventful in the sense that I didn't really find out anything new about the Dumbledore's. I spoke to Albus every night behind his door; sometimes it would last a few minutes, other times a few hours. But I didn't want to push him, my priority right now was to make sure he was ok, not to get any information.

Aberforth wasn't really saying much either, whenever I asked him anything he was respond shortly and then excuse himself. He was a very hidden person, more mentally so unlike Albus who literally hides in his room. As for Ariana, I had been here for a week and a half and I still hadn't seen her. It was very strange, she mustn't have left her room for a very long time.

It was a shame that I hadn't found anything, especially at the moment when I was being pushed to spend every waking moment with Mary. It was so painful something I ponder whether I should start excusing myself instead of going along with it. My fear is that I might end up married to her with kids and a job without even realising. That was my worst nightmare.

I was thinking about this whilst walking through the gardens with her, another one of my aunts requests. Apparently Mary was getting 'very sick' and needed some fresh air. She sounded fine to me, I knew she was fine, I knew this was just a made up story so we could spend more time together.

Again, it's not as if I don't like her, she's fun to talk to and a very lovely girl it's just.....I don't like her in the way Tante wants me to. I never will, I've come to realise over much thought, and I can't help that. It makes me very uncomfortable to know this though.

She had obviously tried very hard today, instead of the usual brown she wears her dress was full of colours, probably Tante's doing. She wore her hair down too, it's true, it was very pretty cascading down her shoulders in ringlets. I just don't see her that way.

The gardens were nice too, despite it being winter it was still full of life as the bushes formed an arch over us, like a maze to walk through and the frosted flowers bloomed beautifully in their beds. It was cloudy but the sun still seemed to shine through to turn the grass dewy. I pray to god she won't fall again because last time I could tell she thought it so romantical. To me it was torture.

'What's your favourite flower?' Mary asked, running her finger along the petals of flowers we passed.

'I'd have to say daisies,' I responded, 'And yourself?'

She stopped to think, 'Snow drops,' she gestured to some early ones on the ground, 'They remind me of your hair,' Mary skipped off.

I sighed, trying not to be sick again as I followed her, this all felt so wrong and I still didn't know why.....that's a lie, I had a theory of why but I didn't want to think about it right now. Pushing it away, I moved the conversation on, 'How many siblings do you have?'

'Six,'

'You must be very resilient to live vith so many,'

'You think?' She said flirtatiously, turning to face me, 'You're accent makes compliments so much more inviting,'

I inhaled sharply, I should have just said nothing. 'You think?' I repeated, not knowing what else to say.

'I do,' she smiled sweetly, her brown eyes flickering to my lips, 'I'm also thinking something else,'

I swallowed, please no please no, 'and vhat might that be?'

Before I could register it, Mary cupped my face in her hand and kissed me. It wasn't a bad kiss, she clearly hadn't done it before but then neither had I, it was just a peck. It still felt so incredibly out of place and wrong though.