Chapter 10: What is he afraid of?

Gellert POV:

Albus didn't come to dinner the next day, but that didn't worry me as much as you would imagine. After last night, I'd guess he wants to be alone for a little bit, calm his mind.

I tried not to let it show but last nights situation effected me more than I thought it would. The image of his arm coated in blood and scars just..........it must have been Edward to make him do this and I'm going to find out why.

Just give it time.

To try and stop my head from returning to the subject, I was engaged in some reading until I heard an argument. The usual voices of the Dumbledore brothers. I decided it was too risky to go outside my door so instead put an enchantment on it so I could hear better.

'What do you mean he caught you?!' Aberforth asked in outrage.

'You know.....he knocked on my door-'

'Albus are you seriously still this naive?!' Aberforth was fuming, 'He does not want to help you! He only wants to see you suffer!'

'That's not true!' Albus defended me, 'Aberforth, he does want to help, I can see it,'

'So the man kisses your boo boos and suddenly you trust him!?' Aberforth whisper yelled, 'That's exactly what happened last time, how do you know he hasn't gotten this bloke to torture you further?'

'He's not like E-...' Albus trailed off, not capable of saying the name.

Aberforth scoffed, 'You can't even say his name, that's what I'm talking about! What if that foreigner hurts you too? What will you do then?'

'Gellert will not hurt me,' Albus states firmly

'You can say his name now,' Aberforth shook his head, 'but wait to he lays a hand on you and-'

'STOP IT,' Albus practically screamed, no care to be discreet, 'How dare you! Don't you ever speak about it ever again, don't you dare remind me because I swear to god Aberforth you know what I'll do,'

The threat shut Aberforth right up as he stormed off, leaving Albus to stand there alone. Tears swam in his eyes but as much I wanted to go out there and calm him, I couldn't allow him to know I heard.

..... "lays a hand on you"? What on Earth does he mean by that? What did Edward do to him that he thinks I will do to Albus?

This Edward fellow was surely quite the mystery. A mystery I couldn't unravel.

I thought long and hard about it, theorising many things about this whole situation.

The Dumbledore Family

The man who hurt them is called Edward. Whatever he did to them, it definitely hurt Albus the most and Aberforth seems to blame Albus for it so I can only assume he was the reason the family knew him. If their situation is Edward's fault then it has to be something like theft? Maybe he threatened them? Something like that.

What could he have done? It has to be awful to affect them all in this way. I haven't even met Ariana after almost three weeks of being here she's that sick and Albus is.....Albus. But is that quite right? Is he really being himself? Or is this just the version of him he shows to people because he's so traumatised that he can't bear to be himself in front of anyone?

I knew he was traumatised by something, that's for sure. Edward could be the source of that, it seemed the most obvious core for such a thing but then maybe it's not that. I have to consider everything. What about his parents? I still don't know how they died.