Chapter 14: Lovers

Gellert POV:

I had nursed Albus back to sleep and, to keep my mind at ease, stayed awake the whole rest of the night to make sure he was fine throughout. Are these nightmares what haunt him so? Are they of his past?

That's what my mind played with back and forth as I watched him sleep soundly for hours on end until the rays of sun hit his face through the window, waking him up to see me (a ghastly sight) in yesterday's clothes, ragged unwashed hair and obvious bags under my eyes. I don't do well without preening.

Albus sat up, stretching his arms and letting the morning light sparkle onto his red locks, making them glow golden as they cascaded gracefully down his shoulders. When his eyes had opened fully he seemed startled by my presence, 'G-Gellert? What are you...why are you h-here?'

I forced my eyelids open, 'I promised you I'd stay,'

He nodded but countered, 'Only until I was a-asleep...you needn't have stayed the whole n-night. If you don't mind me saying so, y-you look t-tired,'

Looking dead at him, my mind hazy I didn't really think of the emotional consciousness of the reminder I proceeded to confront him with, 'You had a nightmare and I vanted to make sure you vere ok,'

Albus appeared guilty, hugging his knees to his chest, 'Y-Yes...I'm s-sorry you had to s-see that,'

I shook my head, 'I should be saying that to you,'

He didn't respond and instead just fiddled with his hands, 'P-please forget wh-what I s-said,'

I didn't want information, getting to my feet I sat down and took his hands, 'I don't vant to make you uncomfortable, you don't have to explain it to me right now if you don't vant to. I just vant to help you,'

'I-I know,' Albus mumbled, 'I-I-I appreciate th-that, truly it's just...d-difficult. I r-really can't s-speak about it.....e-even though I-I w-want to,'

'That's ok, it's all fine,' I squeezed his hands in reassurance.

He took them away to bury his head in his hands, 'S-sorry,' he mumbled, 'I-I'm ruining e-everything,'

I pulled his hands away to see his bright red, 'You haven't ruined anything, I understand. Shall ve go down for breakfast?'

Albus nodded but before I could move he said quickly, 'W-would you mind if...if we k-kept us a s-secret? From...e-everyone?'

I smirked, 'So ve're an us now?'

He blushed crimson, 'I-I d-didn't mean...o-officially I just m-meant...y-you know,'

Ruffling his hair I agreed, 'Of course, I von't say a word,'

I left the room to let him change and also to change myself before we attended breakfast separately so to avoid suspicion.

'I came to check on you this morning Gellert,' My aunt spoke through the thick silence spread from the tension me, Albus and Aberforth has unintentionally laid, 'I was surprised to find you'd escaped your bed so early,'

My eyes flickered to Albus who paid no mind to the conversation...he's a really great actor.

'Yes, I actually vent on an early morning stroll to clear my head,' I excused.

Albus spoke then, hesitantly as if he was scared he'd say the wrong thing, 'Perhaps you can take me next time...I-I could probably use it,' he was eating a lot today and speaking was a good sign.

'I actually had something to ask of you,' Tante directed at the Dumbledore's, 'I'm throwing a Christmas party next week on the 20th, I was hoping you'd both be able to come,'