The Feels

Hitomi was walking alone on the street, heading to the school. Nako is sent by the driver while she was told to take the bus to school. Hitomi was holding her backpack on her hand. Her back was hurting after being hit by Rino the night before.

“Hii-chan!”

Hitomi turned and found Yuri running to her. Yuri jumped onto her, hitting on her back. Hitomi squealed in pain and caused Yuri to panic.

“Hii-chan! You okay?”

Hitomi gave her a thumbs up telling her that she was okay when she was not. Hitomi kept it a secret about her and Nako. Nobody in school knew they were stepsibling, not even Yena and Yuri.

“You scare me!” Yuri said in relief.
“You look happy,” Hitomi tried to change the topic.
“I’m here with you, of course I’m happy!”

Yuri linked her arms with Hitomi and they walked together.

“Hii-chan, are you and Nako okay?” Yuri suddenly asked.
“We are fine, why?”
“Nothing, it just that you guys rarely talk. I mean it is always me and Yena talking, you two are quite passive,”
“I don’t have much to talk and you know I’m the silent type, we are friends since middle school, you should know me already!” Hitomi stated.
“I know, but lately, I don’t know of it is just my feelings or what, I think you are not acting like you,”
“What nonsense are you talking about? I’m still the same Hitomi,”
“Really?” Yuri stopped and looked at her best friend.
“Really! I’m still the same Hii-chan!”

Yuri cupped Hitomi’s face and stared at her. Yuri pouted her mouth.

“Hii-chan, if there is something you want to tell me, just tell me, don’t keep it to yourself. You are my best friend so I need to make sure it stays that way,” Yuri said.

Hitomi cupped her best friend cheek’s back.

“I will Yuri, don’t worry okay?”

Yuri nodded and gave Hitomi a hug. Hitomi was holding her pain when Yuri tapped slowly on her back. Hitomi slowly pushed Yuri away and instead she dragged her to school. Hitomi did not want to worry Yuri so she kept everything to herself.

= = = = =

Wonyoung was feeling unenergetic that day. She was bored because Chaewon was absent and Sakura was missing the whole day. Hyewon was sleeping and she was reading alone at her spot. Wonyoung noticed Yujin and Minju were also absent, Chaeyeon went with Sakura and Eunbi was also sleeping. She wondered what was wrong with the class. Wonyoung saw Nako sitting in front, doing her work. Hitomi was behind her sitting with Yuri and Yena was nowhere to be seen.

“They are so hardworking,”

Wonyoung was scanning the three of them and suddenly Wonyoung noticed a blood stain on lower part of Hitomi’s shirt. Even though she was wearing the dark blue blazer, the blood at the tip of the white shirt was clearly visible.

“Does she get hurt?”

Wonyoung was about to approach but the school bell rang. Hitomi packed her bag in hurry and left, followed by Nako and Yuri. Wonyoung rushed after Hitomi without her bag, she could just pick them up later. Nako and Yuri were going out of the school but Hitomi, she was heading to the washroom. Wonyoung went inside and saw Hitomi taking off her blazer. Hitomi froze when she saw Wonyoung and immediately put her blazer back on.

“Wonyoung!”

Wonyoung locked the door.

“What happened to you?” Wonyoung asked.
“I fell down, and I got hurt,” Hitomi lied.

Wonyoung is a genius and she knows when someone lies to her.

“Nobody get hurt like that because of falling,” Wonyoung said.
“It’s true,”
“Take your jacket off,” Wonyoung ordered.
“No! Why would I?”
“Take it off or I will call Yuri here,”

Hitomi was scared that Yuri will know about this. Hitomi then reluctantly agreed and took her blazer off. She showed her back to Wonyoung and blood stained were everywhere. Wonyoung walked closer to her and asked,

“Mind if I lift up your shirt?”
“Go ahead,”

Wonyoung lifted up Hitomi’s shirt and saw the scar on her back. There were the old ones and the new one were bleeding badly.

“Who did this to you?” Wonyoung questioned.
“It just an accident, don’t tell anyone about this,”
“Hii-chan, you are hurting. This is bad!”
“Wonyoung please, don’t tell anyone about this, I beg you. I don’t want it to be worse. Don’t tell anyone if you want to see me alive,” Hitomi begged.
“But-,”
“Wonyoung please,” Hitomi was in tears.
“Fine, but let’s treats your wound first,” Wonyoung said.
“Okay, promise me you won’t tell anyone,”

They stared into each other eyes and slowly, Wonyoung nodded. Hitomi was relieved. She put her blazer back on. Wonyoung sneakily stole the first aid from the infirmary and brought it to the washroom. She locked the door and started treating Hitomi. Hitomi was sitting while Wonyoung was behind her. Wonyoung was cleaning each wound with care.

“I was treating Chaewon unnie yesterday and today it’s you,” Wonyoung broke the silence.
“Chaewon unnie? What’s wrong with her?” Hitomi was curious.
“She fought with Yujin again yesterday, and was knocked out,” Wonyoung giggled.
“Is she okay?” Hitomi was worried.
“She is fine now but her face is not,” Wonyoung laughed remembering Chaewon’s scar.
“I thought something happened,”
“Are you worried about her?” Wonyoung questioned.
“NO! I mean yes, she is our classmate,” Hitomi suddenly blushed.
“I thought you like her or something,”

Wonyoung continued treating her wound  and when they finished, Hitomi thanked her and once again reminded her not to tell anyone about it. Wonyoung promised she would not tell anyone about it but for Wonyoung, some promises are meant to be broken.

= = = = =

Sakura and Chaeyeon were in the student room, drawing and generating ideas for the carnival. Miss Kim left them a few minutes ago to go lunch leaving them alone in the room. Sakura was still drawing while Chaeyeon was typing something on the laptop. Chaeyeon sometimes stole a glance at Sakura who was so focused on her work. With that white school shirt and the sleeves folded up to her arm, she looked so attractive. Chaeyeon wondered if Sakura has someone in her life.

“Do you think this is okay?”

Chaeyeon flustered when Sakura showed her the drawings. It was the design for their booth.

“It looks good!” Chaeyeon praised.

Sakura is indeed talented. Her drawing is so detailed and full of creativity.

“I’m glad you like it,” Sakura said as she put the drawing back on the table. She grabbed some colours and painted on it.

“Sakura, about Yujin yesterday,” Chaeyeon started.
“She apologised so I will let this pass,”
“She did?” Chaeyeon was surprised.
“She didn’t tell you?”

Chaeyeon shook her head.

“She came with Minju yesterday at the hospital, well I was mad but since she apologised, I think it’s best to just forgive her, who knows the great Yujin would apologise though,”
“That’s a relief,”
“But Chaeyeon, for real, tell her not to do it again,” Sakura warned.
“Yes, I will,” Chaeyeon resumed her work.

It was silent again until Sakura phone rang. Sakura read the text on her phone and she smiled. Chaeyeon wondered what made her smile like that.

“Chaeyeon, I need to go now,” Sakura informed as she kept her phone in her pocket.
“Huh?” Chaeyeon was confused.
“I will see you tomorrow,”

Sakura grabbed her bag and took something out from it. It was Chaeyeon’s blazer. Sakura handed Chaeyeon the blazer.

“Thanks for that. I washed it already,”
“Owh okay,” Chaeyeon checked her blazer.
“I will go now, see you,”

Sakura rushed out of the room, leaving Chaeyeon alone. Somehow, Chaeyeon felt sad. She looked at her blazer.

“Why are you in a rush?”

= = = = =

Eunbi woke up from her sleep and found herself still in the class. Not alone but with Hyewon who was still sleeping. Eunbi checked the time, it was almost 5pm. She really overslept. Eunbi scanned around to make sure it  was empty before she walked to Hyewon and sat next to her. Hyewon was still in deep sleep with her head leaning down on the table facing to the right.

“Babe,”

Eunbi planted a kiss on Hyewon’s cheek. Hyewon who felt a soft lips on her cheek, smiled.

“Good evening,” Eunbi whispered to Hyewon’s ear.

Hyewon opened her eyes and was blessed by the view of Eunbi greeting her with a smile.

“This is not a dream right?” Hyewon asked.
“Positively no,” Eunbi stole a peck from her lips.

Hyewon rose up and stretched her body. It was tiring after the hot activity with Eunbi last night.

“We should never do that during school days,” Hyewon stated.
“It’s tiring because you are too energetic!”
“Well, who start the kissing game last night?”
“Okay my fault,”

Hyewon reached for Eunbi’s  hand and locked their fingers together.

“I’m hungry,” Hyewon whine like a baby.
“Shall we eat your favourite?”
“My favourite?”
“Your favourite is me,” Eunbi teased.
“Yah! I need real food before I can eat you!” Hyewon smirked.
“Then let’s go eat first,”

The lovebird packed their stuff and get ready to leave. One thing they did not realise, a pair of eyes were watching them and was leaving in hurry.

= = = = =

Chaewon read the message from Minju.

“I’m sorry,”

After all that beating, Minju just sent her that. Chaewon lie down on her bed. She was bored at home so she decided to go out from some fresh air. Chaewon put her jacket on and walked outside. She walked through the street and stopped when she saw a familiar figure sitting at a convenience store.

“Hii-chan?”

Chaewon walked to the store and sat right in front of Hitomi uninvited. Hitomi was surprised to see Chaewon appearing suddenly.

“Chaewon unnie?”
“Hello! What are you doing here?” Chaewon asked.
“I live nearby and I feel like eating ramyeon so here I am,”

Chaewon saw the ramyeon that was already finish.

“Are you okay? I heard about what happened,”
“Me? I’m fine, nothing serious,” Chaewon said.
“Do you live here too?”
“Yes! It’s on that street, how about you?”
“It’s further but I usually go here to eat ramyeon,” Hitomi said.
“I should eat one too, let’s eat together,”

Chaewon went inside and came back later with a cup of ramyeon, a can of cola and a bread.

“This is for you,” Chaewon placed the bread in front of Hitomi.
“Bread?”
“Your cheek reminded me of bread so I feel like giving you a bread!” Chaewon laughed at herself.
“Unnie!”
“Haha, it’s for you, so eat up,” Chaewon instructed.
“Thanks unnie,”

They ate together and for once, Hitomi felt so happy. It felt so warm with Chaewon. The weather was cold but Chaewon gave her the warm that she needs.

= = = = =

The next day at school, Chaeyeon came to school as usual. Everything was normal, not until Chaeyeon heard a loud cheer coming from the main building entrance. Chaeyeon was curious so she peeked from the second floor.

“ITS IRENE!”

Chaeyeon was surprised when on of the junior shouted.

“Irene? Bae Joohyun? That Irene?”

Irene is the famous model who graduated from Iz*one Academy a year ago. She was barely in school because of her work so Chaeyeon wondered how she actually graduated from the school. Irene walked like a model and even greeted the juniors with a smile and even took picture with them.

“She is nice,” Chaeyeon thought.

The crowd suddenly backed off when Wonyoung, Sakura and Hyewon appeared. The three girls walked towards Irene and the next thing, each of them greeted Irene, starting from Wonyoung who gave her a high fived, followed by Hyewon who fist bumped with her but Sakura, she hugged Irene tight and Irene even ruffled her hair while smiling and asking,

“Do you miss me Saku-chan?”