Caught

Chaeyeon and Sakura were sitting across each other inside the cafe. Chaeyeon was crossing her arm, glaring at Sakura who was looking down, not even facing her. Sakura told Irene and Seulgi that they are dating which did not make sense at all when Sakura obviously liked Irene.

“Why did you do that?” Chaeyeon broke the silence.

Sakura did not answer. Chaeyeon sighed and leaned her hand on the table.

“Sakura, look at me, tell me why did you do that?”

Sakura slowly looked at Chaeyeon. The moment their eyes met, Chaeyeon was loss for words. Sakura’s eyes, they were tears inside.

“Sakura,” Chaeyeon called.
“I’m sorry...Chae...,”

Chaeyeon rose up and sat next to Sakura. She did not think of anything when she pulled Sakura for a hug. Sakura cried in Chaeyeon’s arm. That was the first time she cried in someone’s embrace. Sakura hugged Chaeyeon back because she needed comfort. It’s hurt to see someone you love with someone else and that happened to her.

“It’s okay Sakura, just cry, I’m here for you,”

Chaeyeon stroke Sakura’s hair, trying to comfort her. That was the first time Chaeyeon saw someone that was as strong as Sakura cried. Maybe it’s true love can hurt anyone no matter how strong that person is.

= = = = =

Wonyoung and Hitomi walked out of the laboratory after the treatment. As they were on their way back to the class, they bumped into Yuri in the hallway. Yuri was confused to see Hitomi with Wonyoung. Hitomi had her face all covered and Wonyoung was carrying a first aid kit.

“Wonyoung? Hii-chan? What are you guys doing here?” Yuri asked, suspicious.
“Owh, we...we,”

Hitomi and Wonyoung looked at each other. They needed an answer for Yuri.

“Owh, we take this from the lab,” Wonyoung showed the first aid kit.
“Why is the first aid in the lab?”
“The one in the nurse office runs out of item so the nurse told us to get this,” Wonyoung lied.
“Owh, but why both of you went there?” Yuri had so many question.
“Us? I met her just now, just met her,” Wonyoung added.
“I see,”

Hitomi gulped. She did not want to meet Yuri because Yuri will suspect something.

“Yuri, I need to go home now, I will see you again later,”

Hitomi did not give Yuri time to say anything. Hitomi ran to the class leaving Yuri with Wonyoung. Yuri turned to Wonyoung.

“Is she avoiding me?”
“I don’t know,”
“Wait. You guys have nothing going on between you two right? You two are not dating right?” Yuri gets suspicious again.
“Wait no! No!” Wonyoung denied.
“That’s good. I almost get a heart attack,”
“Why? Is there any problem if we are dating?” Wonyoung asked randomly.
“Yes! There is a problem!”
“What is the problem?” Wonyoung was curious.
“Because...just because!”

Yuri suddenly blushed after something crossed her mind.

“I will go now!”

Yuri turned left and right but finally ran straight. Wonyoung wondered what was wrong with Yuri.

= = = = =

“Idiot!”

Yena rubbed on her hand after she got a slap from Nako for getting the question wrong again. Yena and Nako were in the study room. They were doing some revision. Yena who was having trouble with Mathematics seek help from the little Nako.

“This is too easy and it’s the same question! Why did you get it wrong again?”

Yena scratched her head. Nako is really scary when she is teaching.

“Do it again!” Nako ordered.

Yena nodded and retried the question. She did as Nako instructed and finally got the question correct.

“See! You need to look carefully, you are too careless-,”

Yena shut Nako mouth by putting a finger on her lips. Nako froze when Yena’s hand touched her lips.

“For someone short, you talk too much,” Yena said.

Nako pushed Yena’s finger and flicked Yena’s forehead. Yena rubbed her forehead.

“For someone tall, you are an idiot,” Nako stated.
“That’s mean,” Yena pouted her mouth.
“Don’t make you mouth like that, you look like a duck!” Nako stated.
“Nako, you are a meanie,”
“I am the devil, so deal with it,”

They continued their studies until they did not realise it was almost dark. Yena was busy making notes while Nako fell asleep. Yena stared at Nako who was sleeping with her head leaning down on the table. Yena chuckled.

“Small but a devil,”

Yena took her phone out and captured a picture of sleeping Nako. Yena grinned as she saw the picture. Yena kept her phone resumed her work. Sometime, she stole a glance at Nako because she wants to. Her heart wanted it. Yena had no idea what happened to her but when she was with Nako, she likes it so much even though Nako keeps scolding her. She is happy whenever Nako is around.

= = = = =

Chaeyeon and Sakura were sitting near the Han river. They both were staring at the river under the night sky. It took some time for Sakura to calm down after the heartbreak. Her eyes were swollen from crying too much. On her left was the bag with the necklace inside. It was suppose to given to Irene but since Irene has someone by her side, it was ownerless.

“What am I suppose to do with this?” Sakura looked at the bag.
“Just keep it Sakura, or you can sell it back,”
“I should throw this,”

Sakura was about to throw the bag but Chaeyeon stopped her.

“Hey, don’t waste it like that. Just keep it for now,” Chaeyeon said.
“I don’t want to, this reminded me of her,”
“Then give it to her and tell her,”
“How can I face her after this? My heart won’t be able to take it!”
“Sakura, you told me she has feelings for you,”
“Yes, I’m sure of it,”
“I have his crazy idea, well, it’s crazy anyway because you announces me as your girlfriend,”
“What crazy idea?” Sakura questioned.
“I will pretend to be your girlfriend to make her jealous, who knows she will realise her feelings when she sees me with you,” Chaeyeon suggested.
“That is crazy!”
“Told you it’s crazy,”
“But, why are you doing this? You should be mad at me for announcing you as my girlfriend randomly,”
“You are my friend and friend should help each other,” Chaeyeon replied.
“Do you think this will work?” Sakura questioned again.
“Trust me, I’m an expert in this,”

Sakura nodded with a smile. Chaeyeon gave a crazy idea but if that helped her to get Irene, she will do it. But for Chaeyeon, she knew she made a very stupid mistake. She was pushing Sakura to someone and at the end of the, she will the one hurting and she knows. Sakura. Her happiness is all matter to Chaeyeon. Love is when you let someone go because you want them to be happy.

= = = = =

Hitomi was on her way back home. She was alone. She was still hurting. Her body ached. Hitomi sometimes adjust her bag pack to make herself comfortable. What she did not realise, someone was trailing her. That tall girl hid herself behind the bush or anything as long as Hitomi did not notice her. As the tall girl was busy looking at Hitomi, someone tapped her shoulder which startled her. That tall girl almost fell but that hand grabbed her and save her from falling. As their eyes met, that tall girl’s heart fluttered.

“Wonnie, what are you doing here?”
“Chaewon unnie,”

Wonyoung adjusted herself and stood steadily in front of Chaewon.

“What are you doing here in my neighbourhood?” Chaewon questioned again.
“Me? I was walking around,”
“You are not walking, you are being creepy!” Chaewon was observing Wonyoung weird behaviour the whole time.
“Well, I’m looking for you!”

Chaewon pinched Wonyoung’s cheek which made Wonyoung blushed.

“You are a bad liar Wonnie!”
“I am that obvious huh?” Wonyoung was feeling hot suddenly.
“So, what are you doing here?”
“Hmm, okay. I tell you but you tell nobody,”
“You can trust me,” Chaewon assured.
“Promise?”

They made a pinky swear and Wonyoung told Chaewon everything. Chaewon was surprised to find out the truth and finally she understood the reason why Hitomi looked so gloomy the other day. Chaewon suggested to report it to the police but Wonyoung said Hitomi did not want anyone to know leaving them with no choice but to stay silent. After the dramatic story telling, Wonyoung said,

“Unnie, I’m hungry,”

Chaewon ruffled Wonyoung’s hair and laughed.

“You are 18 but still a baby,”
“Stop messing with my hair!” Wonyoung complained while fixing her hair.
“Okay what do you want to eat?”
“Anything good,”
“I know a place, let’s go,”

Wonyoung followed after Chaewon but she turned one last time to Hitomi who was getting further on the other side. She wished,

“I hope you stay safe Tomi,”

= = = = =

Another day in school, Minju and Yujin came to school as usual. It was like another day. When they bumped onto Chaewon, they ignored her as usual. Hitomi was better and she no longer used her mask. Her face was healed. Nako and Yena were revising some notes. Yuri came shortly after Yujin and Minju. She looked sad which caught the attention of Hitomi, Yena and Nako.

“Yuri?”

Hitomi approached Yuri the moment she sat next to Hitomi. Hitomi looked at Yuri,

“Yuri, is everything okay?”
“I’m....,”

Hitomi looked so worried. Yuri looked like she was about to cry.

“Yuri...,”

Yuri turned to Hitomi. Yuri looked like she could cry anytime.

“I just miss you,”

Yuri said and she burst out laughing. Hitomi looked at Yuri, confused. Yuri was still laughing at her.

“That’s not funny?” Yuri stopped laughing and changed her expression to a serious one.

Hitomi shook her head.

“This is embarrassing,” Yuri covered her face with her hand.
“Are you trying to be funny?”
“I thought you would laugh but I fail,” Yuri was disappointed.
“Hahaha...now I’m laughing,” Hitomi giggled.
“Don’t mock me, I will be sad for real,” Yuri sulked.

Hitomi smiled at her bestfriend. Yuri put a lot of effort just to make her smile. Hitomi poked Yuri’s cheek and grinned,

“Thank you for trying to make me laugh Yul,”
“Yul? It had been a while since you call me that,” Yuri stated.
“I will just call you Yul again then,”

Hitomi resumed her work while Yuri’s heart was blooming. Hearing Hitomi calling her Yul again after so long make her happy. That was how Hitomi called her before high school and finally she calls her that name again. Yuri smiled as she stole a glance at Hitomi. Inside, she was happy because finally she could see Hitomi smiled again.

= = = = =

Eunbi and Hyewon were in the store room. They were playing games inside, while sitting on the floor, leaning their body towards the wall.

“I win again!”

Hyewon was proud that she won the third match which made her the final winner. Eunbi sulked and kept her phone inside her pocket and so did Hyewon.

“So, what do you want?”

They made a deal that the winner can get anything she wants. Hyewon smirked while Eunbi was feeling annoyed after the lost.

“I want to kiss you,” Hyewon smiled naughtily.
“Kiss? That’s it? It’s easy,” Eunbi scoffed.
“Then do it now,”
“I got the permission?”
“Yes, go ahead,”

Eunbi opened her arm wide and Hyewon jumped onto her, crashing their lips together. Hyewon was on top of Eunbi, kissing her passionately. Hyewon’s hand went naughty and roamed under Eunbi’s shirt. As the two were in their own world, they forget they had not lock the door.

“Oh shit,”

Eunbi and Hyewon startled and Eunbi pushed Hyewon immediately that she fell down on the floor. Eunbi stood and fixed her clothes. Hyewon stood next to Eunbi. Their eyes met the person in front of them. Hyewon pointed at the person, stuttering,

“You, what are you doing here?”