Letting Go

Sakura and Chaeyeon were sitting across each other inside a street stall. On their table were a few bottles of empty  Soju.

“She don’t deserve you!” Chaeyeon said as she put her 20th glass down. Chaeyeon was totally drunk after drinking so much.
“Chae, you should stop now,” Sakura was getting worried of Chaeyeon.

Sakura joined Chaeyeon drinking after feeling heartbroken about Irene. Sakura did not expect Chaeyeon would drink that much and got drunk. Sakura stopped drinking after a bottle but not Chaeyeon.

“You need...to...for...get....her,” Chaeyeon pointed at Sakura.
“Chae, let’s go home,”
“No! Listen!”

Chaeyeon cupped Sakura’s face which made her flustered.

“Sakura!”

Sakura locked her eyes on Chaeyeon’s. She waited for the drunk girl to talk.

“Do you know that I am so sad whenever I sew you cry? I feel like running to you and comfort you always!”
“Why...is...that?” Sakura asked.
“You...are an idiot,” Chaeyeon laughed.
“Chaeyeon,”
“I like you but you never know, because you only see Irene!”

Chaeyeon leaned back and gulped another glass of Soju. Sakura froze. Her face felt hot. Did Chaeyeon just confessed to her?

“I hate...you...,” Chaeyeon added.
“You are drunk,” Sakura said.

Sakura called the waiter and paid for their drinks. After that, Sakura helped Chaeyeon up and wrapped her arm around hers.

“Let’s go Chaeyeon,”

Chaeyeon was unstable. She walked left and right and Sakura used all her strength to make sure she supported Chaeyeon well.

“Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop!”

Chaeyeon was singing Exo Ko Ko Bop so loud that it attracted the attention of nearby people. Sakura bowed her head, apologising to each of them.

“IT GOES DOWN DOWN BABY!”
“Chaeyeon stop it,”

Sakura tried to cover Chaeyeon’s mouth but she kept on singing. Sakura hurriedly brought her to the nearby taxi station and hopped on to one. Sakura gave the driver her address and during the whole journey, Chaeyeon was uncontrollable.

“IRENE YOU CANT HURT MY KKURA!” Chaeyeon shouted out of the window.

Sakura pulled Chaeyeon inside and repeatedly apologised to the taxi driver. When they reached the apartment, Sakura paid the taxi driver extra and apologised again. Sakura brought Chaeyeon up to her apartment with so much trouble. Chaeyeon was so loud and she kept calling out Irene for hurting Sakura. When they reached Sakura’s place, Sakura took Chaeyeon to her bedroom and lie her down on her bed. Sakura almost fainted from exhaustion. What a tough night for her.

“YOU...DONT...DESERVE...HER!” Chaeyeon mumbled.

Sakura stood and looked at Chaeyeon who was sleeping on the bed. Sakura helped Chaeyeon to take her shoes off.

“Argh...I’m hot!”

Sakura was surprised when Chaeyeon suddenly took her shirt and pants off, leaving only her bra and underwear. Sakura blushed.

“Chaeyeon what the,”

Sakura immediately pulled the blanket up to cover Chaeyeon’s body. Chaeyeon finally settled down and was quite. Sakura touched her own cheek. It was hot for unknown reason. Sakura looked at Chaeyeon again.

“You said you like me, is it true?”

Chaeyeon was dead asleep. Sakura sat next to Chaeyeon and fixed her hair strands.

“I...really...like...you...Kku...ra...,” Chaeyeon mumbled.

Sakura curved a smile on her lips. She was badly hurt a few hours ago. It hurts when she heard about Irene. But now, there was a part of her heart, feeling happy. Sakura walked to the balcony. She took out the necklace that was supposed to be given to Irene and stared at it.

“Maybe I need to learn to let go,”

Sakura stared at the night sky and soon, lost in her own thought.

= = = = =

Chaeyeon woke up the next morning feeling dizzy. She scanned around and noticed the unfamiliar surrounding. Chaeyeon found Sakura picture on the wall.

“Oh no,”

Chaeyeon checked under the blanket and found herself half naked. She looked to her right and Sakura was sleeping next to her.

“What happened last night?” Chaeyeon freaked out.

Chaeyeon jumped off the bed with the blanket and was looking for her clothes but it was nowhere to be seen. Covered in blanket, Chaeyeon searched the room.

“What are you doing with my blanket?” Sakura asked, confused.
“You are up!” Chaeyeon panicked.
“You are loud and I’m cold, can you give me the blanket?” Sakura requested.
“Blanket? No! I can’t!” Chaeyeon refused.
“Chaeyeon...come on,”

Sakura jumped off the bed and walked to Chaeyeon but Chaeyeon ran away.

“Chaeyeon, I need my blanket!” Sakura stated.
“I need my clothes!”

Sakura finally realised the reason Chaeyeon ran around with her blanket. Sakura ruffled her hair and yawned.

“Your clothes are in the living room, I washed them already,” Sakura informed.

Chaeyeon rushed out of the room and found her clothes on the table. Chaeyeon took her clothes and sprinted to the washroom. However, Chaeyeon is clumsy that she forget she was wrapped in a blanket. Chaeyeon tripped on her blanket and fell down the floor. Her clothes scattered around and she was knocked down the floor.

“You need to be careful,”

Sakura helped Chaeyeon’s up and even wrapped Chaeyeon with the blanket again to cover her body.

“Can you use this towel so I can get my blanket again?” Sakura handed Chaeyeon a towel.
“You should give me this earlier,”

Chaeyeon changed and gave Sakura her blanket back. Chaeyeon went to shower while Sakura continued sleeping.

= = = = =

Hitomi was in the cafe alone, eating her lunch. On her hand was some notes. As Hitomi scanned through her note, a tray of food was place in front of her. Hitomi put her notes down and looked at the owner.

“Yuri?”
“Hi Hii-chan,”
“I thought you went to see Miss Lee,”
“She is not around so I thought I should just eat,” Yuri scooped a spoonful of rice into her mouth.
“Owh,”
“Why are you alone? Where is Yena and Nako?”
“They are busy,” Hitomi felt annoy every time Nako’s name being mentioned.

It was silent since Hitomi continued reading her notes. Yuri’s eyes were completely locked on Hitomi even though her mouth busy eating.

“Hii-chan, are you okay?” Yuri broke the silence.
“I’m fine,” Hitomi lied.
“You know, I feel like you are hiding something from me,” Yuri put her spoon down.

Hitomi turned to Yuri. She drank a bit of water and kept her notes.

“Yul, trust me, everything is okay,” Another lies from Hitomi.
“Hii-chan, I want to ask you something,”
“Go ahead,”
“Do you like someone?” Yuri asked.
“Like someone? Erm, nope,”
“For real?”
“Yes,”

Yuri just nodded.

“Yul,” Hitomi called.
“Ya?”
“What’s bothering you? You look restless,” Hitomi reached for Yuri’s right hand.

Yuri pouted her mouth and hold Hitomi’s hand back.

“What bothers me is you. I’m worried about you. I feel like there is something between you and me. You are hiding something from me and I have no idea what it is, I’m so frustrated,” Yuri answered.

Hitomi was touched by her friends word. She felt bad for Yuri but she did not want to worry Yuri with her problem.

“Yul, like I said, I’m fine so you don’t have to worry about me,”

Hitomi grabbed her tray and left Yuri. Yuri watched as Hitomi left. Her heart knew Hitomi hid something from her.

= = = = =

Hyewon and Eunbi were alone in the classroom. They sat far from each other but their hand were texting on their phone. Sometimes, they stole a glance at each other. They did not want the others to find out they are dating. As they were in their own world, Wonyoung came with Chaewon. Wonyoung greeted Hyewon while Chaewon went to the window and checked outside.

“What the?”

The other three turned to Chaewon. Chaewon pointed out the window. Eunbi, Hyewon and Wonyoubg rushed to Chaewon. They were also shocked.

“They came together?” Hyewon asked.
“I saw Chaeyeon coming out from Sakura’s car! I swear!”

Chaewon saw Sakura and Chaeyeon coming out of the car together. As far as Chaewon knew, Sakura and Chaeyeon were not close at all. Since when? After a while, Sakura and Chaeyeon entered the class. Sakura was first followed by Chaeyeon. Wonyoung blocked Sakura way.

“Unnie, why are you with her?” Wonyoung questioned.
“Me? With who?”
“You and her! Why are you guys coming together?” Wonyoung pouted her mouth.
“Ahh...you ask Chaeyeon,”

Sakura walked pass Wonyoung, went to her seat and lie her head down on the table. Wonyoung switched her attention to the nervous Chaeyeon.

“Chaeyeon?” Eunbi was curious about her friend.
“We...we...went to buy something from the school carnival!” Chaeyeon lied.
“That’s the reason you are this late to school? You were with her the whole day?” Eunbi questioned again.
“Yes,” Chaeyeon scratched her head.
“Then, where is the stuff?” Wonyoung was getting suspicious.
“Owh, we left it in the car,”
“What did you buy?” Another questioned from the bunny.

Chaeyeon bit her lip. Sakura was really not helping at this time.

“You know, some decoration and stuff,” Chaeyeon stuttered.
“What took you so long?” Wonyoung asked again.

Eunbi and Hyewon exchanged glance. Wonyoung was not happy with the news of Sakura and Chaeyeon going together.

“There is a lot to buy Wonyoung,” Chaeyeon replied.
“Okay Wonnie, let’s forget this, it’s their work,” Hyewon took Wonyoung away from Wonyoung.

Chaeyeon was already sweating. She gulped as Wonyoung glared at her. Eunbi pulled Chaeyeon’s hand telling her to sit. Chaewon just observed the whole situation. She was sure that something is going on.

= = = = =

It was after school and Chaewon was on her way to the library. Minju texted her to meet there. Chaewon found Minju at the back of the library. Chaewon stood in front of Minju.

“What do you want now?” Chaewon asked.
“Is there something going on between you and Wonyoung?”
“Why do you care?”
“I need to know,”
“What for? We are over. There is nothing between us,” Chaewon stated.
“Chaewon, are we really over?”
“Minju, I quit this game. I think you also know what your heart want. It’s not me anymore. I saw the way you look at Yujin. That’s how you used to look at me,”
“Chaewon...,”
“I beg you, I don’t want to be in this ruined relationship anymore, I’m ending everything. I will forget you and you too, forget about me and live a happy life with Yujin,”

Chaewon placed her hand on Minju’s shoulder and said.

“We used to be in love but now, I don’t think that’s what we are,”
“I’m sorry Chaewon,” Minju said with tears.
“I think letting you go is what I should do now,”
“Thank you Chaewon,”
“Be happy with Yujin okay?”

Minju smiled and hugged Chaewon. Chaewon was hurt but she knew, holding on to Minju will hurt her more. However, what both Minju and Chaewon did not realise, someone took their picture together.

= = = = =

Minju walked out of the library and saw Yujin in front of the vending machine buying some drink. Minju curved a smile on her lips.

“Yujinnie!”

Yujin turned to Minju and waved. Minju ran to Yujin and jumped onto her for a hug. Yujin was surprised by the sudden affection.

“MinMin, you look happy,”
“I’m happy because I have you!” Minju said.
“Want a drink?”

They broke from the hug and Yujin gave Minju a can of cola.

“Thanks love,” Minju gifted a kiss on Yujin’s cheek.
“Anything for you,”

Yujin took Minju’s hand and they walked back to the class together. Chaewon who was behind the wall was holding herself. Her heart really hurt. Felt like someone stabbed her heart hard. Chaewon ended up crying while holding her chest, sitting down on the floor.

“Why does it hurt so much?”

Suddenly, a pair of hand gave a tissue to Chaewon. Chaewon looked up to see who it was and a  girl was smiling bright at her. Her smile could light the entire world. That girl leaned down to Chaewon, pulled out more tissue and said,

“I’m sure you need this a lot,”