Thank You

Nako woke up and found herself in a hospital. It was dark and raining outside. Nako looked on her left and saw Yena sleeping by her side.

"How long have I been here?"

Nako slowly sat and jumped off the bed as she heard noise outside. Nako headed towards the door and peeked. Nako was surprised to see her stepdad, Mr Honda and Hitomi outside. Nako hid behind the door. She eavesdropped their conversation.

"Rino lied to me, she told me that everything is okay, I'm really sorry sweetheart, I had no idea she hurt you like this," Mr Honda said.

"It's okay dad, at least you are here now, but how did you know about this?"

"Your friend, from that Miyawaki Kingdom told me. She contacted me directly and I was shaking when I found about what happened. I flew to Korea right away, made a police report and found you guys in the house like that," Mr Honda explained.

"You came in time, we might lose Nako if you came later,"

"I can't believe Rino treated you like that, I made a mistake marrying her, I though she will love you like I did,"

"Dad, it's over now, she is arrested, and my friend and I will give statement to the police," Hitomi said.

"But, how about Nako? I heard she's the one who pushed you down the stairs?"

"It's an accident, not her fault, and Nako, she saved me,"

"I'm relief to hear that but I'm afraid that when she woke up, heard about Rino, she will be sad,"

"It's our job then to comfort her," Hitomi smiled at her dad.

Nako leaned her head on the walls. She began to regret everything she ever did to Hitomi. Hitomi still care for her even after she hurts her. Nako then gathered her courage and walked out of the room. She stared at Hitomi and Mr Honda.

"Dad, Hii-chan, I'm sorry," Nako said in tears.

.

.

.

There was no response from neither of them. They both were still talking to themselves.

"Hii-chan...," Nako called but Hitomi ignored her.

Nako reached out her hand to touch Hitomi but it passed through her body. Nako could not touch Hitomi or Mr Honda. Nako looked at her hand.

"Why can't I touch them?"

Nako tried to touch Hitomi again but failed. Nako sensed something bad and rushed back inside. Yena was still sleeping but there was another figure lying down on the bed, unconscious. Her head was bandaged, and she relied on the oxygen tank to live.

"It can't be,"

Nako saw her body on the bed. Not moving. Nako checked herself in the mirror but there was no reflection.

"Am I dead?"

"Nope, you are not,"

Nako turned to her right and saw a pretty lady using a white dress, drinking a can of cola, staring at her.

"You can see me?"

"Of course, I can, I see the lost soul," that lady explained.

"Who are you? And why am I a lost soul?"

"Kid, one question at a time please,"

"Sorry, I'm just curious like this all does not make sense," Nako replied.