◤girl meets friendship◥

GIRL MEETS FRIENDSHIP [EPISODE 14]

John Quincy Adams Middle School, History Class

It was election week again at Meghan Matthew's middle school, John Quincy Adams Middle school. This was a dangerous and lethal time and she could feel the headache already forming.

"Democracy." Are the words her father starts off with in their third period, history class."Our form of government where the power lies with the people. So who here can tell me another form of government where the power doesn't lie with the people?"

"Farkle!" Farkle yells out from behind her."Dictators. Love 'em. They get to do whatever they want. I wanna be one someday." Her eyes roll at Farkle.

"Mr. Friar!" Mr. Matthews greets the Texan as he walks into her father's class late. The young boy hands him a small note

"Sorry for being late, sir. My flight was delayed." Lucas tells him and that causes curiosity to fill inside of Meg.

"You went to Texas?" She questions the brown haired cowboy."Visited my friends." He answers with a nod is his head.

"He misses his old friends." Riley aws and her eyes twinkle at this. She obviously thinks it's adorable.

"Aww. Cowboy got the blues." Maya teases him. And then...out of the blue she starts to just sing. God, Maya was a clown. Meghan watches as the class claps along with her little song.

Campfire for one

My friends are all cows

And I miss 'em

Ha-hur, ha-hur-hur...

Lucas then takes out a harmonica, and Meghan breaks out into laughter as he starts to play it. Since when could the cowboy play the Harmonica?

"I will never get to you, will I?" Maya asks the boy.

"No, but I sure do appreciate the effort." He says and she can just see the annoyance in Maya's face.

Maya shudders."Ooh!" And turns around and away from Lucas.

"Okay, guys, seventh grade student council elections are coming up." The attention is drawn back to her father at the center of the room. Everyone groans except for Farkle who shouts 'yay.'

"Why the groans?"

"Because every year somebody runs, makes promises and nobody does anything."

"Yeah. What lunkhead's running the elections this year?" Maya asks him.

"How ya doing?"

"Can't you just make a change?" Riley groans to her father.

"You know what? It's up to you guys to make changes." Mr. Matthew tells them."Since we're studying alternate forms of governments this year, why not let the candidates run in any form of government they choose?"