e l e v e n

"okay, i'm stuffed. therefore, no one passes. we're finished here!"

what, no way.. the horde of mentally and physically exhausted hunter applicants think together in unison.

"zero people passed?"

"are you serious?"

"does she really mean it?"

"the exam's over?"

abruptly, a loud crash erupted. heads swivelled in the direction of noise.

"i won't accept it.. i absolutely refuse to accept this! i didn't come here to be a gourmet! i came here to be a hunter! a hunter from the black, may i add!" todo exclaimed, growling while others cheering him on from the behind. " i refuse to let a mere gourmet hunter decide my fate!"

"too bad you got stuck with a mere gourmet hunter as an examiner, better luck next year?"

"what?... why, you.."

todo's face illuminated into a bright red, steam almost shooting out from his ears in fury.

"DON'T MOCK ME!!" todo screams, approaching the candy-pink haired examiner with tightly closed fists.

buhara raised his arm, knocking the hostile male metres away with a simple flick of wrist.

todo flew, crashing against and through the building walls, creating a great hole in the wall.

"buhara.. i don't recall asking for your help.."

"maybe, but if i hadn't intervened, you would have killed him, right?"

"maybe.."

menchi revealed her knives from behind the couch, and began to swing them. she trotted down towards the hunter applicant crowd.

"let me clarify this.. we frequently venture into dens of ferocious beasts, searching for ingredients. every hunter knows some form of martial art," menchi informed, continuing to swing her knives around. "you lack focus and willingness to experiment. that alone disqualifies you from becoming hunters!"

menchi ceased her knife play, gathering them into one hand and pointing them towards the group of taken aback hunter applicants.

[name] grinded her teeth, glaring at the idiotic group of hunter applicants in front of her who had decided to tick off the examiner. she dug her fingernails into her palm.

"that said, it would be excessive to fail every single applicant," a microphone-effected voice booms from above.

the crowd's heads tilt up simultaneously and attention is draw upwards to the large airship above the park. the hunter applicants gawk.

[name] whistled, unclenching her hand and hovering it lazily over her eyes and closing her lips into a smile.

"that's the symbol of the hunters association!"

"is it someone from the selection committee?"

suddenly, a figure was seen escaping the airship and falling to the earth at an incredibly fast speed. the figure comes to a violent meeting with the ground, creating a screen of dust and debris.

from the dust-storm came.. an old man.

"who-who's that geezer?"

"the chairman of the selection committee. he's in charge of the hunter exam," menchi stated, stepping forward to meet eyes with the supposed chairman. "chairman netero.."

"well, i work behind the scenes. i only take action when there's an issue, like now. so, menchi-kun.."

"yes sir..."