1. B R O K E N

※※※※※※※※

※※※※※※※※

Dessed in red, she stood in front of them as they smiled. It was as if they were celebrating her misery. Her eyes kholed black and lips tinted pink, she stared back at them. Her heart beating fast, her hand shaking as they nervously played with their fingers. Her eyes searching for some sympathy in the eyes of the people she called her family.

Her eyes flashed to her father who wore a smirk on his face, taking in the bruised parts of her body the seeped through his daughter's dress. His face was wrinkled because of old age and black hairs of his beard had turned gray. His eyes that matched hers, she searched for love beneath the hateful gaze.

They all knew something that see did not, and that made her anxious about what was to come.

Turning around, facing the stairs, Hoorain took her first shaky step. The trail of dress followed behind her. Her small hands gripped the railing of the staircase as she made her way up. With every step she lost a piece of who she was. Her body shook as she took timid steps. The paintings on the walls stared down at her with sympathy as she walked by them. Her footsteps echoed the corridor as she took a step towards her room, their room.

Her heart beat faster than it had ever done before. She closed her eyes as her shaky hand turned the knob of one of the double door that led her into the room she had spent the last four years of her life in. All her good, all her bad memories rested in. She bit her bottom lip as she walked further into the room, her ears trying to ignore the sounds coming from her right. Her gaze fell towards the door of the bathroom that was attached to the room. A steam of heat flowed out through the small crack at the bottom of the door.

With tears welled up in her eyes, her heart breaking into pieces, she made her way to the king-sized bed in the room. The white sheets were crunched up and the brown blanket was thrown on to the floor, unlike the way she had left it before heading to the party. Her heart broke with every moan and every groan that filled the room, whispering into her ear, choking her with its sounds.

Her eyes gazed at the green dress on the floor, the one her sister had worn recently. The white shirt her husband had worn was flung aside and laid on the couch in their room. Her eyes shut closed as she blocked in her tears but failed miserably. They flowed from her closed eyes as betrayal swept into her heart. Quiet sobs rocked through her body as the strings of her heart slowly snapped.

"Hoorain?" Her eyes shot open as her broken eyes found the eyes of the man she called hers. Her brown eyes searching his blue ones. "What are you doing in here?" He questioned. All Hoorain did was stare at him, at her husband, Asad, as the tiny hands of her sister wrapped around his waist.

"Can't you tell her to leave, Bebe?" Alina's face came into view as her baby sister stared at her with hurt. "we're busy" Alina smirked at Hoorain's face as she watched every piece within her break. The sobs that were quiet were now loudly escaping her lips. Her body shook with her cries as betrayal took her into its arms. "Why?" Her small voice spoke, filled with emotions, filled with hurt.