9- S O M E T H I N G B E A U T I F U L

This has to be my favorite chapter of NOOR so far. I had so much fun writing it!

 I had so much fun writing it!

◇◇◇

      Her blue dress trailed behind her. She walked as if she was walking on the clouds. Every eye followed the enchanted woman's trail. Her beauty lit up the room. Her soft eyes gazed around, searching for someone, her lips curled into a smile. Her hair was hidden behind her silver shawl, hidden like a pearl in its shell, hiding away from the cruel beings. Music hummed along the wind.

His hazel eyes followed her. His heart awed at her beauty. Her pink lips and red cheeks, her brown eyes and small nose. Like an enchantress, she enchanted him with her aura. He watched as she linked her arms with her brother, who pulled her closer into him. He never missed the frightened look on her face as her brother hesitantly handed her over to her father.

She forced a slight smile onto her face as they drew attention to her and her family. The cameras captured the beauty in a picture. Her hand nervously played with the end of her hijab. Sensing her discomfort, her brother swiftly swayed her away from the commotion.

As they walked towards him, his breath got caught in his throat. His soft eyes met her sparkling ones, and like in a movie, the world stopped around them. Trapped in a trance he watched her cheeks colour a sweet colour of red as her gaze found the ground.

"Noor!" Umair's voice brought him out of his daze, "This is my baby sister, Hoorain," He turned to look at his sister, "Hoor, this is Nuh's older brother, Noor"

"Asalamualykum" He smiled at her. His heart soured as she nodded in acknowledgement. Her shyness made her even more beautiful. She was different.

"Hey Rainy!" Nuh's obnoxious voice made Noor roll his eyes. Hoorain, who for the first time she approached them, looked up, her eyes sparkling as she let out a soft laugh."Nuh! Don't call me that!" She exclaimed softly. Her voice melted Noor's heart like butter. He watched her with soft eyes as she interacted with his brother. "The memory has traumatized me" She laughed

"You're right!" Nuh laughed, "weren't we traumatized that day Umair?" Umair smirked in agreement, "It not everyday you see someone slip on grass!" Hoorain glared up at her brother. The trio fell into a soft conversation as Noor admired the beauty in front of him.

The jazz music turned into a soft melody. Noor watched as couples made their way to the middle of the garden and fell into each other's embrace, swaying their bodies alongside the music.

Noor took his chance. He turned to look at Umair. "Umair, if you don't mind, can i have a dance with your sister?" Umair smirked as Hoorain looked up at him in shock. Her brother nodded as he removed her hand of his arms and placed them in Noor's awaiting ones.

Like in a fairy tale, tingles ran up Noor's arm as he softly pulled the beauty next to him. He led her along to the middle of the garden.

He placed his hand on her waist, the fabric of her dress melted into his hand. Hoorain timidly placed her tiny hand on his shoulder than he intertwined his hand with her.

He moved his left foot in backwards in a smooth movement, sliding over the smooth floor of the garden. She slid her right foot forward, chasing his. Dunking forward, he looked into her eyes. His fingers gripped on her ribs as his left foot approached once more. They halted, head to head, and he pulled her hips in near his.

Hoorain's eyes fluttered shut as she felt his breath on her head, his lips merely inches away from kissing her forehead. She melted into his arms. They swayed their bodies along with the music; they forgot the world around them.

Just two strangers beginning to fall in love with each other.

He pushed her away as if she were repulsive, yet to glorious, to be near, yet he held on to her left hand with his right, he reeled her back in, unable to give her up.

Tears welled up in Noor's eyes as he watched her sleep. His heart broke as his eyes took in her battered body. He let out a shaky breath as he took her small hand into his much larger ones. A tear escaped his eye.

"Hoorain tried jumping off the bridge" The words haunted him. He had looked at Umair in shock as the words escaped his lip. It broke him, it tore him apart. He cursed himself. He shouldn't have stopped Umair from beating that worthless man up.

His Hoor was never this broken. He knew when he had first met her that her heart was cracked, the time, care and love would mend all those cracks. That man broke her. He brought her to such a state where she had no choice but wanting to return to her lord.

Tear after tear escaped his eyes as his body shook. He was a helpless man who was in love with her since he saw her 5 years ago. His love for her never decreased. It stayed the same. Letting go of Hoorain's hand, Noor ran his hands over his face as he took a deep breath.

Leaving the hospital room, he turned to look at Naina, who was sitting next to their brother Nuh in the waiting room. "There is more to this," He spoke, "There is something more that you're not telling me Naina!" He exclaimed, "Why is she sedated!"

Nuh sighed as he stood up. "She was having a nightmare when Sumiyah and I walked, to calm her down and not harm herself, the doctor had to sedate her." He placed his hand on his shoulder. Noor's eyes found Sumiyah's eyes, who stared at her brother-in-law with sad eyes.

"Nania, what else has happened?" Naina bit her lips as she helplessly looked at her husband. Umair let out a shaky breath as he nodded at his wife. Hoorain's brother no longer had energy to speak as slip down on the floor and buried his head in his hands.

"She had a lot of injuries, mostly near her ribs. The doctor said they'll heal in a few weeks," Naina spoke cautiously, "She also had a miscarriage." She paused as she looked into her brother's wide eyes. His hazel eyes were filled with pain as he stumbled backwards, "the cause if her miscarriage was sexual assault" Sumaiyah let out a gasp as she covered her mouth, Nuh's hands left his brothers as he took in his twins' words. Noor stared at his sister in disbelief.

He, somehow, walked to the chair next to Naina and sat down. His entire body shut down, he became numb. He was lost of words, of emotions. Noor let out a shaky breath as Naina pulled him into her arms. Tears poured down Noor's eyes.

He sniffled, his eyes red, "I will bring Asad Kareem down, he will regret ever laying a hand on
Hoorain." He clenched his hands into his fist as his eyes dozed off into a daze.

I'm going to save her, i'm going to fix her.

What he didn't know was that she was too broken to be fixed. That it was too late to save her.

 That it was too late to save her