10- M E M O R I E S

The grip on Hoorain's chin got tighter

The grip on Hoorain's chin got tighter. She watched him with wide eyes, in disbelief. Her brown eyes meeting his green. Saamia smirked from where she sat. Her head held high, her legs crossed onto each other, she had an evil glint in her eyes as she stared at Hoorain.

"Who is the father?" Asad snarled, his anger arose as sobs left his wife's mouth, "yours! It's yours!" She cried. Asad grabbed her hair as he spat, "Liar!" Throwing her body on the cold ground.

He walked to the table, picking up the picture, he turned to look at Hoorain, "who is this man, Hoorain?" I have sued. She went to speak but was mad and silent as her mother-in-law scoffed, " I told your father that this girl will tarnish our reputation"

She stood up from the couch and walked in front of Hoorain. She gripped onto her chin, forcing her daughter-in-law to look at her, "now look! She's carrying someone else's child"

She let go of Hoorain's chin and smiled. She had set the fire and Hoorain was burning in it.

"Asad, believe me!" She exclaimed, standing up to face her husband. She took his large hands into her tiny ones. Her heart was numb, she no longer felt the sparks, the warmth she felt when they got married, when she thought he was her lover.

"I didn't sleep with anyone, that's an old photo! I swear!" She cried, "I'm not allowed to leave the house, how will I meet up with someone?" Tears fell onto their connected hands, as sobs continued to flow out of her.

"Ammi saw you!" He looked into her teary eyes, filled with sincerity, with hope, "why would she lie to me?"

Hoorain stared into her husband's eyes in disbelief, "why would I lie, Asad!" She exclaimed, "I love you," tears poured out of her eyes. "I thought you would be happy," she whispered as she looked away from his face, sobs and tears continues to leave her as her body shook. Her heart was torn in pain.

Asad stared at his wife. Her innocence had captured him. Her innocent eyes. Beautiful, wide eyes. Her name, Hoorain, beautiful eyes. She lived up to that name. Her eyes were the most innocent thing, his heart torn as they filled with tears. His head hurt as his mother's word passed through.

"She's manipulating you, Asad!" Saamia snarled, "she's trying to make me look bad!" She stood behind Hoorain and looked at her son with tearful eyes.

Asad shook his head from his thought. Why would ammi lie? His anger resurfaced, his eyes filled with rage as he slapped Hoorain. The forced caused Hoorain to slip on her step. Saamia smirked as she put her foot forward.

Hoorain, tripping over her mother-in-law's foot, fell onto the table, her stomach hitting the edge. Pain shot through her as she gripped onto her stomach.

She let out a cry in pain

Hoorain's eyes shot opened. Her eyes searched around the dark room. Memories from her past haunted her. It imprinted every memory into her mind, reminding her of every tragedy she had faced. They tore her heart, stepped all over.

A tear escaped her eye as the thought of miscarrying three children past her mind. Would they have been a baby girl or a baby boy? Were they going to have her hair and their father's eyes? What would've the feeling be when she held them in her arms for the first time?

She moved her hand to wipe her face, but it was clutched onto a hand of another. Hoorain turned to look at her right.

Her breath got stuck in her throat. The strings of her heart tightened as she let out a shaky breath. Her eyes took in his ragged brown hair, which was slightly longer than the last time she saw him. She let out a small giggled as she noticed a small beard on his face, smiling as she remembered how much he had never wanted to grow one. His hazel eyes was hidden away behind his closed eyes, his eyes lashed tenderly kissed the skin they laid on.

Though he was asleep, he rubbed tender circles onto Hoorain's hand and the feelings that she had buried away 4 years ago flowed through her. She closed her eyes as she remembered how he had held her for the first time, how his hand had wrapped around her waist, how his large hand engulfed her tiny ones as they danced a lot to the music. How his lips had tenderly met the skin that was exposed on her head.

"If you don't listen to me, something may happen to him" the dark chucked crossed her mind. The smile fell from her face as she snatched her hand away from his grip.

Noor's eyes opened wide the moment Hoorain's hand left his. He bit his lip as his eyes met his. Brown clashing into each other. Hazel staring into chestnut. Two lovers from the past reunited.

Hoorain let out a shaky breath as she looked away from him. Breaking eye contact, she stared at her lap.

"Hoorain" he whispered out. With the mere sound of her name from her lips broke all of Hoorain's walls, the walls she had tried so hard to hold together in front of him. She let out a sob, followed by another, and soon tears were racing down her face as her body shook.

She brought her hands to her face as she cried into them. Her heart clenched in pain and agony as she thought of what could have been. Her heart was torn into tiny pieces as memories from their past blasted through her mind.

"Hoorain" he called out again as he wrapped his arms around her. Tears fell from his eyes as he held her shaking body in his arms."Noor" she cried as she wrapped her arms around him.

"He'll never be found" her father's voice haunted her. Hoorain pushed Noor away from her horrified, "leave!" She pointed towards the door as she wiped her eyes. Her head had hurt from the pain of crying."please Noor, get out!" She snapped as he tried to pull her closer into him, trying to clam her down.

"He'll kill you, Noor!" She cried, "Noor, he'll kill you." She sobbed.

A nurse rushed into the room. Noor signed for her to leave. The nurse hesitantly turned around and walked out. Noor took a shaky step towards Hoorain.

"No one will kill me" he wrapped his arms around her, "they will, they said they will" she clung onto Noor's shirt as she cried. The tears that had fallen from her eyes had soaked through his shirt.

Her eyes blankly started in front of her as tears continued to pour down her face. Noor tightened his grip on her as he softly kissed her forehead.

Noor moved away from her to call a nurse to bring Hoorain something to eat, but before the man could move, Hoorain gripped his hand.

"Don't leave me again, Noor" she stared at him with wide eyes. Noor looked at her softly as he laid down next to her. Hoorain placed her head right above his heart.

thump, thump, thump , his heartbeat.

thump, thump, thump , her heartbeat.

Two hearts that beat in love for each other.

"I'll never leave you, Hoorain, never."