3. E X C H A N G E

******

******

3 years ago...

"Do you accept?"

She fiddled with her hands. Her heart beating against her chest. Tears welled up in her eyes as she kept her gaze on her lap. The sparkling gold distracted her from the words that were being said.

It's all a business deal. The thought passed her mind.

The grip on her shoulder tightened as the Imam turned his attention towards the nearly broken bride.

"Do you accept?" Her brown eyes flashed up to her her brother who watched from afar.

The grip on her shoulder got painful as she whimpered out a small little word that would change her life forever.

"Yes"

The echo of congratulations ringed through her ears as the man beside her, lightly lifted her hand, her eyes remained on her lap. The coolness from the metal rings was making her head spin. Her mother shook her from her thoughts bringing her out of her thoughts. She wasn't happy. Anyone in the room could tell the bride wasn't happy. Not that anyone really cared.

No one could understand what she was going through. A person may think, being the youngest of 4 siblings, brought up with luxuries, she would be the apple of her parents eyes, the most beloved to her father. The most precious to her mother. It was a picture worth seeing. A beautiful family, Family goals was what the media called them.

No one looked in deeply, no one saw the truth behind the fake smiles and laughter during Galas and business events. No one would have thought that behind the closed doors, the beautiful Hoorain was the victim of her father's anger, her father's hate.

A father is supposed to love his children all equally. He was supposed to love her the way he loved his other children. She would watch as a child, her father would being expensive toys for her siblings, there was nothing for her. As they grew up, her father put everything in his children's education aside from hers. She was made to do work in the house along side the maids. She would make time at night and do her schooling online. While her siblings slept in grand beds in luxurious rooms, her mother made her sleep in a tiny room, where the rest of the house workers stayed. She had always been the outcast of her family.

She was the victim of her sisters jealousy. Her beauty over shadowed them. Her white skin, and beautiful brown eyes. Her small nose and red cheeks. She was the girl who people would stare at when she'd walk into a room of people, and the beautiful girl wouldn't even notice. She was a sight to see. She never wore make up, she never dolled up, she never wore diamonds, she never wore gold. These were privalidges that was never given to her. Her older sisters were opposite of her. They would wear make up, that would look so flawless on their skin, they would embellish themselves in diamonds and gold, they would dress in the finest and latest fashion, yet when their sister walked beside them, all attention would remain on her. Her beauty wasn't the only thing that made her beautiful, it was her soul and who she was. A woman who was kind to everyone. A naive woman, an innocent woman in the world of monsters. She lived through pain, through heart break, doing as she was told, hoping one day she would be good enough for someone.